Sunday, January 23, 2005

Sunday Kinda Love....... Episode 1

"I want a Sunday kind of love A love to last past Saturday night and I’d like to know it’s more than love at first sight and I want a Sunday kind of love Oh yea yea I want a love that’s on the square Can’t seem to find somebody Someone to care and I’m on a lonely road that leads to no where I need a Sunday kind of love". -Etta James


Every morning since November 1, 2003 I wonder what it would be like to be in a relationship again. To have someone next to you every night when you turn in after a rough day and when you wake up to face a challenging one. Everyday I struggle with wanting to be involved versus not wanting to be involved. This morning marks the end of our first official blizzard of the winter season. Somehow this weather has a way of forcing us to deal with things we normally set aside for another day....Whether that be laundry, cleaning, studying or just taking a few moments out to deal with whatever we have been running away from. By no means get me wrong and think that the weekend was spent home beating myself down for being single.....Did anyone forget? This is "The Foxybrown Show".....My weekend has been filled with quite a bit of entertainment. Later Friday night I had an encounter with a couple from Central New Jersey, and boy what a couple they were behind the scenes I admit I was definitely attracted to one more so than the other but that is neither here or there. However, when it was all said and done I questioned myself on wanting a lover that was open to a 3some and how dealing with the issues that come along with that type of behavior. Go figure......Stay tuned as I think this topic will resurface in future episodes. Saturday morning I was forced to open my eyes due to the ringing of my phone....Beyond the shadow of a doubt I knew exactly who it was my sidekick and partner in crime (and pretty much anything else) "Red". I know for a fact that the last time I had spoke to him was about ten hours prior but ten hours on my show can be a few years on others.... After giving him the morning update I had to get dressed as Mr. Comcast was coming over to work on the cable in the TV room which doubles as "The RED suite". I'm glad the cable is working but sad they found out I was getting about 400 channels for free...I don't think I need to tell the audience how that all worked out...U guys get the idea! After a great breakfast of a Kit Kat and Coffee I had company delivered to me directly from Brazil by way of East Orange, NJ. Hot little number if I must say so myself but again I have to stop and wonder why is it when I meet the Latin Guys after 30 minutes of conversation they want to marry me and bring me back to their native land? It was cold outside but VERY hot inside however when it was all done I was ready for....Ummm for security reasons let's just call him "Pablo" to leave! This man was laid up in my bed casing the joint probably trying to figure out where his clothes would go as I'm trying to find subtle ways to let this guy know it's time to head on out.
After about 30 minutes of that madness I found myself alone again, and forced to deal with another reality....It's a blizzard out and I have no groceries. No worries a quick trip to the local Chinese restaurant would resolve all those issues.

The wind and snow was kicking my ass all the way home but once I made it back I found security all bundled up on my Futon with a truck load of DVD’s

A buddy of mine called me up on Saturday night and invited me to a party in the neighborhood. Ummmmmm…….I could have had a V-8. bunch of creepy guys undressing you with their eyes (ordinarily that would not be a bad thing but we need to at least have a mutual attraction!)

Sunday, waking up after the Blizzard of '05, I had an early morning booty call and I must admit he's one of my favorites; lets just call him "HuskySon". "HS" and I had been recently reintroduced during a boring Sunday on "Click a Trick" Since then we have kept each other company on a few late nights/early morning. After this mornings episode I was left with may mixed feeling: Pleasure being the primary one as that boy has a natural talent for knowing exactly how to keep a smile on my face. Secondly, I was kind of glad that HS came around where we always had great chemistry but the fact that he even came out in that storm to see me was enough to make me smile. After our "jump off" I made a quick breakfast and was sure to make a quick mention of my car being buried in the snow. Within 3 minutes my sexy Chulo was outside digging my baby out of the cold white bliss that Mother Nature covered Jersey City in. A quick pat on the butt and a kiss on the lips and it was time to say goodbye and get my day started. 9AM and my productive juices were flowing I decided it was time to clean house and say goodbye to Christmas and hello to the laundry. By 9:30 I was on the phone with my faithful sidekick discussing the evenings events and the mornings "After party" and the Agenda for the show. By noon I had touched base with all of my viewers including:
The New York MetroThe Atlanta Chapter DC Metro Chapter West Coast Connection and all my local viewers here in Jersey City on WFOX Channel 69! 604 the straight ex-roommate that won't go away made his check in call to let me know he was venturing out into the snow to grab some Chinese Food and wanted to know if I needed anything so of course I could not refuse that offer.........Two hours later 604 is running around the house in his long johns like a psycho 5 year old "God we were meant to be friends". I knew it would only be a matter of time before he sat his behind on my bed and decided that it was time to tune into the show. We had a moment talking about our work weeks and what had been going on in ciphers. My recent visits to Maryland and DC. We talked about being single and enjoying our freedom and how sometimes it’s just nice to have someone to talk to When 604 left and went home for the evening I couldn’t help but take a deep breath and reflect on the weekend and the conversations and encounters I had experienced and I just wondered to myself was this “A Sunday kinda love”…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home