Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The District....Episode 1

"The Plan"

This morning I received a phone call from "The Preacher" stating that his boyfriend had surprised him with a weekend escape to Washington, DC. I could almost smell his excitement through the phone. "The Starr" will be so excited when he hears about this as it is rare that any of us get to see Preach who usually visits from the west coast once a year. I'm thinking to myself yeah this is about to be big. Behind the scenes I'm rolling my eyes at the thought of getting in my car and driving the 3 hours to host this special event, Preach coming to town is big, I do miss Red so I suck it up and begin to ask myself how can I make this the best show possible.

(Sometimes my internal dialogue cracks me up, if people only knew half of the thoughts that run through my mind in the period of a phone conversation)

*Red, you are the exception, and you know too damn much*

At somepoint during my phone conversation with Preach, I came up with the bright idea of inviting "604" to tag along for theshow, I figured that "The Starr" would be floored by the Double Scoop Surprise Sundae we were planning.

One quick conference calland I had confirmed that the show was about to get HOT!
604 whas hype and Preach was running me low with excitement, that was 11am......


"Dont believe the Hype"

By 6pm the news had leaked......Ok I told everyone, What??? I had to round up my boys and get the crew all together. 604 and I were all geared up for our Tuesday night meeting and Red was dialed in and ready with updates and behind the scenes commentary. Nothing interrupts this ritual so all incoming calls, instant messages and smoke signals are placed on hold until after The Real World ends around 10:30pm.

Ok so it's 11pm and I just dropped off 604 and it's time to return a few calls.....At the top of my list is Preach but I was in no way prepared for what he had to say.......Earlier tonight Preach surprised "Starr" with the news of his visit to the east coast, Starr dropped the bomb that he would be in the Windy City that weekend...



Yes boys and girls after a day of researching and confirming schedules Starr will not be in town for this show and Preach is every bit of hurt. However, come rain or come shine The Foxybrown Show is always what???



Thats's right so we keep it moving because the party has to go on. I hang up on preach and he feels much better about the situation so a good night sleep was had by all...............Right????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home