Sunday, February 13, 2005

Saturday Night Fever.....

Well my Saturday started off pretty good I was up and dressed by 9am and on my way to get a quick haircut, that didn't work out as planned as the Barber Shop was jammed packed so I decided that is was best to let my kwag grow out just a bit longer....Upon returning home I was greeted by a call from RED who seemed to have quite a day planned....He was getting busy with his PC DJ equipment making me dance to the hot beats coming through my phone....His goal for the day was to hit the Native American Museum in DC so after our morning greeting was all done I left the Jersey Estate to head over to Harlem to check in with family. All is well on the family front my precious angel is getting as big as can be and boy o boy is she running her mouth (Another trait she has picked up from her uncle). Shopping in Harlem can be such an experience in the "savings" department I managed to pick up about 5 cd's, a DVD, a car charger and a brand new headset for my home phone for less than $30 u gotta love this place! I had a nice lunch with family and made a few calls in the city to a few buddies that live in the local area my mom seems to find entertainment in the fact that I seem to have some organization and planning to dealing with men what she doesn't know is that I do have my days when they get the best of me and I don't always come out a winner but if you guys can keep my secret I'll be a loyal host to u forever.

On my way home I touched base with Red who informed me of a great sale that he caught and of his plans to "spend the night" with the piece of the month. I have added this as reference for furture postings as this could prove very interesting.......Or not!

Meanwhile, I managed to go from "I really don't want to be bothered" to I need to hurry up and get dressed and processed as I may have two dates planned for tonight.

Dr. Know invited me to check out a movie and have dinner with him, I have not really hung out with the doc in sometime as he has been occupied with teaching and work and I have had my own agenda of things to do and people to see.

"Phi Beta Barbeque"

Dr. Know and I picked up tickets for our movie and since we had 90 minutes to spare we decided to grab a bite to eat, as we head over to Dallas BBQ I am immediatley reminded that it is Valentines Day Weekend in NYC and I just want to scream the Red Roses and goo goo eyed people just run me into a weird place and just when I think it can't get anyworse I remember that this is The Foxybrown Show and what will happen WILL HAPPEN and indeed did when I walked over to the Bar to order drinks and found no other than Phi Beta Sigma posterboy himself "Booka Brown". The past five years of my life had been wiped clean in the matter of seconds as I felt life kick me in the gut. In 3.5 seconds I pulled it all together and put on the brightest and warmest smiles that I could manage and gave him the biggest and tightest hug my arms would allow. I could feel the bright shine in my eyes fade as I was introduced to "The Boyfriend". I was glad that I:

1- Was dressed to no end looking like I was really on a date.
2- Was so glad that Dr. Know had cleaned up and gave "BB" something to stare at for a minute.
3- Was not coming down with severe stomach cramps which is usally the case whenever I'm in the same room with him.

The flip side to this is that:

1- Thanks to two years of Foxy's Fashion advice "BB" was lookin damn right and took some wind from me as I realized he has gained some weight.....
2- Mr. Man has this way of looking through me and I can't take is so even though I put Dr. Know and all his success' out on the table I felt that Brown was looking right into my heart and tapping into feelings that I thought had been covered and locked away
3- Since my stomach was not in knots I was able to accept items 1& 2 without looking like a sick puppy.

Eventually Doc and I were called for a table so I was rescued, another quick hug and extended glance and I was focused on a great dinner with a good buddy followed by a romantic comedy that was so appropriately released in time for "Love Day". I really don't think this evening could get any better however it's only 1AM so by NYC standards the night is still young.

Our next move was over to Christopher Street which is where we start our "Tour De Booze".
Whatever feelings that I may have begun to unpack were quickly washed out by the tune of Absolut and Cranberry As if the show it not always "ON" it was really on last night as I found myself to be "Mr. Foxularity" as I ran into a few old potential guests on the show and interviewed some new prospects for future dates. Before the evening ended I met one really interesting character who from a distance maintained eye contact all night as I laughed and smiled with some audience members and with my boy. Eventually he made his way over to me and instantly made me smile with his "Southern" accent. 40 minutes later my chest hurt from laughing so much and Mr. Smith was probably thinking that I was truly some crazy New Yorker that you hear about on TV and in many realms he may be correct in his thoughts. Mr. Smith and I exchanged numbers and Doc and I headed home for the night. As Doc walked me to my car he kept looking over at me and I kept pretending not to notice and when we parted he asked "Are you ok"? and I answered as honestly as I could when I responded " I will be one day". We both just cracked up laughing and I jumped in my car and I headed home .

"Church Hats"

This morning I went to Church with Red's little sister "Bootylicious" when I tell you this girl had me on the floor when she jumped out of her vehicle. If there ever was a Church Power Suit this girl had it on, she made eyes cross and heads spin and I am not gonna even begin to talk about the HAT now I usually never have nothing to say when it comes to an outfit but this girl did the thang....Just thought I would take a moment and pay tribute to this fierce outfit as it definitely deserved a moment all it's own.

"Hot Kawfee"

After church we grabbed breakfast and chatted about life and current events and upcoming events on "The Show". When I got back home the walls began to close in on me immediately. My phone rang non-stop all afternoon some calls I accepted some I did not.....There was a call I accepted which I'm glad I did answer as it was a very good friend of mine "Valdez" and he had a major and personal dilemma so personal the details of his situation cannot be revealed on the show but we had a long talk and I must say that I realize that my lil buddy had grown up and come a very long way so if your tuning in Val I just want you to know that I Love you and I'm proud of you and that God has given you everything that you need to make it in this world, you may not always find it right away and sometimes he gives us lessons so that we can utilize these tools so please consider this period in your life a lesson and know that you can make it through and no matter what you always have a space here on my show baby!

It's about 5pm and RED has finally called sounds like his "night out" was quite exciting I'm glad he had a good time and got a well deserved break from the norm. I feel better now that I have vented and filled him in on the details of the roller coaster ride that has been my weekend I feel that it is now time to get back to basics and prepare for the upcoming work week........Stay Tuned!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit happens for a reason Fox. If it doesn't kill you then it's just 'tenderizer.' Get's ya all tenda and juicy...and just right for consumption.

(Oooh...now I'm hungry)

N E Way, as an avid show listener, #1 fan and perpetual employee of the month, I just wanted to say:

Keep doin the damn thang.
Get them with the 'get on' and stay focused.

One monkey don't stop the show!!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home