Thursday, August 04, 2005

31 and Then some......

31 and Then some…..

Dedicated to my Best Friend and Big Brother on his 31st Birthday!
31 moments that we will never ever forget!

1. Remember the night we met? I was 17 and you were 20 and you could not believe that I was so young I can still hear you now….”Your only 17”?
2. What about my first trip to DC Black Pride, I was 18 and too young to get into anything but you somehow managed to sneak me into every club and party that weekend and even got me my first drink.
3. Remember the day you got hired at the firm and you were the first one of us to get a real job we partied all night in celebration and then realized it was Tuesday and you had to go to work the next day.
4. Do you remember how many times we went to the $2 movie theater in Manhattan? (Gosh I miss that place)
5. Do you remember reading E.Lynn Harris’ “Invisible Life” 2 chapters at a time in Barnes and Noble because we could not afford to buy the book?
6. Oh my goodness….How could I ever forget Ricky’s Halloween Party in Brooklyn, I was afraid for my life all the train ride there and then when arrived the whole building decided to attack us with eggs
7. Wait…Wait…What about the night we saw that guy getting robbed and he ran to us for help and then we saw the guy chasing him had a gun and we decided to pretend like we saw nothing.
8. Getting dressed up to go to the All-Star Talent Shows
9. Eddie Bauer & Aeropastale
10. The Week Old Navy opened in NYC
11. The Day I became a Supervisor at Old Navy
12. Wednesdays at “The Gap” (I think we still have those moments from time to time)
13. PELAU!!!!! (It’s a traditional Trinidadian dish but to us it’s so much more)
14. Remember with “Vivacious” crossed AKA didn’t she look a hot mess?
15. Do you remember play fighting on Christopher Street with your favorite boyfriend?
16. Ok so the year I wore the Pink Cowboy hat and Pink Moschino shirt to pride you didn’t let me look like an ass by myself and wore that LOUD rainbow hat so we could look a mess together.
17. Our first trip to Atlanta Pride and that girl who whipped it for a good 50 miles on the highway!
18. WESLEY (I cannot tell yall about him just know he aint around anymore, Right Red?)
19. Reading “The Coldest Winter Ever” in like two days and then getting into gossip sessions with everyone you saw on the train reading the book. “Oooh what part are you up to”?
20. When you moved into your first apartment (Brooklyn) and your grandmother made that Fried Fish…..Bitch!!!! Why can I still taste it?
21. When I moved to my first apartment (Bronx) and you were mad because it was so far from you
22. Our first trips to LA, London, Paris, Montreal, Miami (What happens in these places stays in these places).
23. Remember when “Vivacious” was dating the Gay Guy?
24. Remember the moment we realized he was the Gay Guy?
25. Remember when I moved back from Richmond?
26. Remember the day after I moved back you moved to New Jersey?
27. Remember the “G” building?
28. Remember the car accident with you, your mom and your ex where the other guy was at fault but your mother hid that open bottle to protect the innocent!
29. Remember when I walked into the glass Patio door running to answer my cell phone for some date that ended up standing me up anyway (rubs forehead)
30. Remember your going away party at “Voyage”.
31. Remember that I love you bro and I thank you for being the soundtrack to my life. I miss you and cannot wait till the Three Musketeers are ALL back home!

I know we have a thousand memories but you are not that old yet so I could not list them here….Enjoy your day and if you can’t blow out the candles….Blow something else!

Happy Birthday "Red"!




5 Comments:

Blogger MsPerdie said...

AWWWWWWWWW!!!! How sweet.. Ok, I would have LOVED to be there when ya'll got egged... and when the guy gor robbed!?!?!?!?! LMAO!!!!! That's messed up! You... pink? Red, rainbow (well, I could kind of see that... NAH!!!! No I can't) LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! You two are funny. Enjoy, Red!

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Red: "Yeah, what he said!"

To Foxy: Red's lucky to have a friend like you to get into EVERYTHING with!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Red said...

Why you have to call my momma out like that!?!

Thanks for the love!

Love ya bro!

9:44 AM  
Blogger gbfhbn said...

Awww. sorry for not being the first to respond...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to You, Happy birthday to RED!, Happy birthday to you..

Foxy - you are a trip. i remember some of those numbers too, and I aint 31.. lol... hahahaha

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Preach said...

Yeah yeah yeah... whateva, Happy B-day u raggedy bitch... Hope u had a great one. At least I remember the first trip to LA (1 out of 31).

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home