Thursday, July 21, 2005

The District The Summer Edition (Part 1)

"Chicken Wings & Sweet Things"

The weekend was off the hook I’m so mad it took me a minute to get to this post but the work week has been off the hook as well. I hope you all are having a great week and planning to a great weekend. I guess it’s time that I share with you the highlights from last weekend.

If you guys missed the madness on the Turnpike go back and read. However, once I arrived in Rockville things began to look up. "Red" and I got dressed and made our first ever so important stop to Chick-Fil-A, those of you who know what it is “Flap ya wings” for those of you who don’t you betta ask somebody!!
Next stop a meeting of the Mojito’s with “The Starr” and special guest from Hot-lanta “Kill Bill”. As "Red" and I come storming into this bar about 90 minutes late we see our boys and they light up in excitement it’s always good to see “Kill Bill” and “The Starr” truly lives up to his name every time you see him. Being so late we had apparently missed the first two rounds but that was no reason for us to NOT get the next two going. Our bartender was great and we kept him very entertained with our “Blog” talk and street gossip, I kept thinking to myself he probably thinks we are talking about some TV show little does he know that “WE ARE”!
Ok so drinks wind down and the so appropriate next stop is to “Popeyes” or as Red calls it “POPE-AYE-YES” either way you call it that fried chicken and Rice and Beans is the shiznit! Now in true Negro fashion we commence to tearing our food up and there are no bones about picking in someone else’s chicken box for a French Fry or a Wing. All I know was when I left that spot the first button on my Beyonce jeans was loose and I could not help but wonder “Does Beyonce do this after Popeyes”? (Uh Oh Uh Oh)…..
I guess the Chicken gave us a new lease on life because we proceeded to go back down the street to a very surprisingly chic Martini Bar but before this we were all unpleasantly surprised by a unnamed male hustler, awww hell let’s give him a name lets call him “Really Ugly” now "RU" stopped in front of the quartet and proceeded to ask us what we were getting into “Starr” and I were right on point with totally and completely ignoring this clown as “Red” and “Kill Bill” had no choice but to see this guy after a small exchange of words between all of us “Really Ugly” decided that he wanted to holla at “Red”, “Starr" and I explode in laughter as this is so his show. After the fun was over we just kinda said goodnight to Ugly and pumped into the Martini Bar. Inside the establishment was really cool, something you definitely would find in NY but at 11pm it was completely empty something you rarely see in NYC on a Friday night.

“Starr” picks up the next round of drinks and foolish of me to go and order a Butterscotch Martini which had my stomach bubbling before I had my first sip. Needless to say by the time I finished it I was working my way to the back restroom… (Question why is it ok to want to take a dump in a bar when you are out of town, but not ok when you are in your local city?) When I saw a cleaning guy mopping outside the restroom I changed my mind immediately. Please believe that was last Martini for the night.....
Our next and last stop for the evening was to pick up the Notorious “604” who would be staying at “Red’s” place for the weekend. Ok I lied….One more stop Red’s toilet bowl! Goodnight!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Foxybrown Show said...

I'm not sure if you sitting near me is a good or bad thing...I'm still thinking about it (but really I'm not) what I'm actually doing is writing part two which has been published....How lucky are you now????

7:47 AM  
Blogger MsPerdie said...

Ok... so I spoke too soon, my bad.... and no, you're not thinking about it, becuase you would be lost without me, if I wasn't sitting by you... bored out of your wits (can you let me live my dreams, PLEASE!!!) DAMN!! ;)

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home