Thursday, July 21, 2005

The District The Summer Edition (Part 2)

“The District”….Summer Edition (Part 2)

“Kissing Kousins”

It’s Saturday and my morning started fairly early I was up at 7am sharp. “Red” and “604” were still sleep it was the perfect opportunity to for me to update the blog, read a few e-mails and get my laundry started…Yes, I know I’m here for a weekend but I need to wash clothes to get ready for tonight’s big event with “Red’s” DC family…Umm let’s just call them “The Red Republicans” or “Double R” (RR) for short. Once I got back upstairs from putting my clothes in the wash “604” was awake so it was the perfect opportunity for me to chat with him for a bit, we talked about London and his excitement and talk about the preparation that was involved before I know it we were talking about all kinds of things and had brought “Red” out of his deep sleep. By 9am laundry was done and a call was placed to “The Starr” requesting his presence at breakfast. By 11am we were all munching at a local diner and once again picking off one another’s plates and after our meal was done the shopping began!
We were in the mall doing some heavy shopping and the sales were not encouraging us to stop. It got so bad that there was one scene where we were actually conducting a fashion show in a department store fitting room. Me glued to the Fox Fone with calls flowing between NY and LA It was very Tyra (Red) Naomi, (Foxy) and Roshumba (The Starr) in the dressing rooms running in and out getting approval from each other and our very straight fashion designer (604) approving or dismissing our selections. We all left with shopping bags…How many you ask??? I will never tell!
Later that night we dropped “6” off at his event and chilled with “The Starr” as he prepared for his event and then we made our way to the function.
Upon arrival I was initially nervous as these are members of “Red’s” family that I have never met. About 10 minutes after our arrival I was very much at ease as I was noticing party goers in t-shirts and flip-flops and dirty hair. (Rolls eyes at the lack of effort) I get to meet his fabulous and drop dead gorgeous Aunt “Mimi” and her squad. “Red” introduces me to some family friends and his “Kousin” a very cute and friendly guy allegedly straight but what’s that matter on this show?? Shortly after that it begins to rain so the live band and outdoor fun has to be pulled inside “Red” and I quickly grab spots at the bar. It was a great time but everyone knows the worse scenario in the world is a party with an open bar this is usually where more madness takes place. Before long we were doing shots and exchanging stories about our travel and sexual escapades before we know it the time was about 1:30am and we were very inebriated so of course the only honorable thing to do would be to leave and drive home. I say my good nights to everyone and I see “Kousin” stretched out on the sofa and when I go to hug him goodbye he turns his head and plants one of the sloppiest wet kisses on me. I had to step back and pull it together and I see “Red” standing there very “what the hell is going on here”? I just gave him a look that said “Don’t ask”…..So once again we try the goodbye thing and sure enough me being who I am had to test those waters again and say goodnight to “Kousin” this goodnight was better than the first one and grabbed the attention of all the eyes left in the room. “Red” and I got in the car and chuckled all the way and all I kept thinking to myself was….”Are yall sure he’s straight”?????

Early Sunday morning I go and pick up “604” from the train station and on the drive back to "Red's" I tell him about the prior evening’s events and he just smiles and looks at me and uses one of my favorite lines against me…..”You are who you are and you host what you host”.

I had no response and for the next five minutes we rode along in silence but laughing hysterically on the inside…Only on my fukkin show!

2 Comments:

Blogger MsPerdie said...

Much better... heehee:)

7:58 AM  
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

LMAO!!!

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home