Tuesday, September 20, 2005

"Tackle and Touchdown"....


Tackle and Touchdown….

Last night “Lucky” and I had the opportunity to check out a Giants Football game last night. “Lucky” is a huge Football fan and I knew he would enjoy the surprise.
One of my clients hooked me up with the tickets invited us to tailgate with him and boy did we have a good time my client and my boy hit it off right away chatting about current issues in the education system while I talked with his sales rep about business. I was pleased to see that things were going so well but I wasn’t ever really worried….If you knew “Lucky” you’d like him too.

Ok so about the food…I had no idea my client had such grilling skills…In the matter of 40 minutes we were feasting on Grilled Flank Steak, Grilled Shrimp, and Fresh Salmon & Grilled Tomatoes covered in olive oil, fresh mozzarella and roasted peppers. Ok you get the idea.

So now on to the game….As some of you long time readers of the show know I have issues with sports…It’s probably because my dad forced me to play every sport as a kid that I have rejected the whole concept of sports all together. However, at 28 I’m ready to Tackle and Touchdown on something new.

Last nights game was not just a regular game it was “The New Orleans Saints” season opener which of course could not be held at home due to the wrath of Katrina so it was held here in New Jersey at Giants stadium. I was surrounded by thousands of screaming Giants fans who were ready for action and I kept thinking to myself that this is not just a game this is a true representation of the fact that “Change is Inevitable” yesterday I had an offline conversation with “The Mexican” who really has been doing some back blogging and reminded me that “Change” has been the constant theme of the show. I could not help but think of this as I watched The Saints get clobbered by the Giants last night. I kept thinking to myself I’m surrounded by change. “Lucky” who has become such a big and important part of my life but was only able to do that through my personal growth and each day he encourages me to change. We had a few stolen moments as I watched him in his element screaming at the top of his lungs cheering for his team little did he know that there were 25 “Foxy” Cheerleaders inside me screaming for him. Unfortunate for The Saints their cheerleaders did not help them to obtain a victory last night but because “Change Is Inevitable” they were able to play last night and will play in another city next week. Life does go on…..One day at a time!

Today I “Tackle” my fears from yesterday and “Touchdown” on my dreams of tomorrow!

I have one question for you……Are you ready for some Football???

16 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

aawww shit getting me pumped up at 7:30 am!!!!!! lol let's not go there with football, I want to bitch slap T.O., he needs to stop whining lol. Although he is a hot mutha shut yo mouf. luvya foxy have a crunk day!

P.S. dont you hate it when parents forced us as kids to do something we didn't want to do, happened to me too. my mom wanted me to be a cheerleader, I wanted to be the football player!!!

4:33 AM  
Blogger honkeie said...

I am not a fan of watching sports myself. I perfer hands on play time, that is all I have agaist it. I hate watching these couch warriors scream what they would have done. Now in reality all they could hae done was suck air, come on eat tato chips all season sure gives your cardio something to question.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Jerrster said...

my father gave up on me...after I ran the football to the wrong goal line scoring for the opposing team...it was for the best. I became an art student and talked football players girlfriends into posing for my life drawing studies.

Go! Go! Go! FoxyBrown!!!!

5:39 AM  
Blogger Cherlyn Michaels said...

I love me some football! Lucky you for being at the game and tailgate parties are always cool! I always root for my hometown team, the Rams. But I do love watching Philly and the never ending antics of T.O. Vick's my boy too, though! I watched the Saints-Giants game, then watched the Redskins beat the Cowboys. WTF???
LOL

5:46 AM  
Blogger MsPerdie said...

I've BEEN ready for some football. I watched part of the game last night while braiding K's hair. *fingers cramping* On a personal note, I'm glad you found someone that you can enjoy life with, that excepts you for who you are. I'm so happy for you Foxy! You deserve it. Smooches.

*Ciao Bella*

5:46 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Foxy, you rock.

25 cheerleaders screaming for him ...

Aww! How friggin sweet is that?!?

6:00 AM  
Blogger Drea Inspired said...

Great post foxy!

"Today I “Tackle” my fears from yesterday and “Touchdown” on my dreams of tomorrow!"

I just got my daily inspiration! I'm excited!

7:41 AM  
Blogger winterssoulstyce said...

i am not ready for some football when the redskins win in like the last 4 mins of the game...booooo!!!

and my patriots lost??? wtf, man???

7:50 AM  
Blogger Ladynay said...

I am feeling the tag at the end, may I borrow it?

8:43 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Sooo ready for some football! Your tailgate party sounds fun! And, cheers to you for enjoying Lucky's fun and cheering him on! Lucky Lucky to have a guy like you!

Football is too fun, it's my favorite sport to watch. Especially the guys in their tight pants! ;-) J/K, sort of!

Here's to tackling your fears! That's on my list for today! Thanks as always Foxy!

8:58 AM  
Blogger brooklyn babe said...

Now you got my mouth watering
Afternoon LoveDrops!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Buck Rogers said...

LOVE FOOTBALL!!! I am not a cowboys fan so I was stoked when the redskins came back and won with like 4 minutes. 14-13 dallas loses

9:31 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Glad you and Lucky had a good time at the game.

Now whereas I've never really been into football.....give me baseball and basketball anyday!!!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

thanks for visiting my site. You're a Jersey City guy? hmm... so close. I got nuttin' but love for my locals!

11:48 AM  
Blogger ClayStarr said...

how did tiki look?

1:12 PM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

I love how you used Tackle and Touchdown as metaphores for life...You freaking genious you:)

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home