Monday, October 31, 2005

"Foxy Hills 07304"

“Foxy Hills 07304”
Episode Seven
“The Foxes Get Lucky”

“Blog Mafia” was to be this episode but I decided to treat you all to the wonderful weekend that I had instead…

Everybody knows that “Lucky” was to meet my Mother and Sister this weekend however, this was to be no easy task as “Lucky” had the standard hesitation that comes along with meeting your partners family and throw in some commentary from me and you
had “Fright Night Pie” just in time for Halloween!
Anyhow Saturday morning arrives and we decided to meet for breakfast in Harlem.
2 hours later my mom, sister and precious niece walk down the street to greet us, two seconds later I’m all caught up in the joy that is my niece and “Lucky” and Sister Fox are off in their own world. I figured that they would hit it off pretty well.
Now what happened next is a “Foxybrown Show” standard, for those of you who don’t know “Lucky” is a 5th grade Teacher and one of their worse nightmares is running into one of their students during the weekend. That’s right not only did we run into a student of his but we were seated right next to her and her family. Ok so one awkward moment isn’t so bad. Once my mom proceeded to tell tales of my childhood and embarrass both my sister and I knew that “Lucky” was definitely scoring points. After breakfast we walk back to my moms to part ways before heading off to Jersey, my sister has already given her approval and it comes down to either a hug or a handshake from my mom. At first she extends her hand and I nearly crap in my pants until I see her other arm appear from the side as she gives my baby a big hug and a kiss and invites him back for dinner someday soon. Needless to say we were both beaming all the way back to New Jersey! An afternoon of shopping was the pre-requisite to UNBELIEVABLE Steak dinner to celebrate my promotion. It’s Monday morning and I’m still thinking about that meal.

Now just when you think the weekend could not get any better Sunday morning I’m heading back to Jersey for a day of work in the office as there are only two weeks left here to finish up and as I’m walking into my office my cell phone rings and it’s “Cool As Paper” one of my vendors who always has an extra ticket to one sporting event or another…”CAP” offers “Lucky” and I two excellent seats to yesterday’s big Giants and Redskins game which ended up being a 36 – 0 blow out win for the Giants…Needless to say tailgating with "CAP" and then watching the Giants kick the Redskins ass was sumthin else but after the game "Lucky" making Sunday dinner for me a whole other category.....A whole week later and it is still good to be "Foxy"!

That’s what’s going down in “Foxy Hills” and the weekend was something to talk about!

I’ll be back with “Blog Mafia” before the end of the week so stay tuned!

Welcome back to the work week!

7 Comments:

Blogger Meadow said...

Good for you, Foxy. That rocks. I'm glad the fam is digging the beau.

Have a great week! :)

6:17 AM  
Blogger Drea Inspired said...

That was indeed something to talk about, Foxy! I'm so glad things went well. Hmmmm....I should definitely put "he must cook Sunday dinner" on my list of requirements! haha....

Happy Monday!

6:44 AM  
Blogger MsPerdie said...

Glad everything went well. Glad you brought my cake, too ;)

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry my comments have been shorter and "underfelt". Still reading and enjoying your episodes. Hope you're having a blast.

Me? I'm just waiting on the book deal. :)

7:47 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

CONGRATS Foxy!!!!

Oh yeah I will be coming to the DC area next month...it is a given! Stay tuned to the Chicago Division for more information!!!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

CONGRATS Foxy!!!!

Oh yeah I will be coming to the DC area next month...it is a given! Stay tuned to the Chicago Division for more information!!!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Luke Cage said...

Let 'em know Foxy B. Sounds like everything worked out well for you. Take it ez and I'll cya on Why Wednesday! Kudos to the foxy blog delivery..

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home