Monday, June 13, 2005

53 Days....

53 Days….

It’s been 53 days since I last saw your face…..
1,272 hours, since we were last in the same space.
About 3 hours since I last heard your voice….
76,320 minutes since we both made a choice….
To venture out and see where this common interest could lead us to, you getting wrapped up in me, me in you….Who knew?
Now we have feelings on our hands and issues on the table.
My efforts to be in your arms have been to no avail and yours have been disabled.
I’m not sure what I did, I’m not sure what I said…..Did I leave some type of puerile thought inside your head.
Maybe I’m just being silly…Maybe I’m looking to deep. Maybe I should say fuck all this and act like all them other dudes and just creep.
Maybe this will all just pass…Maybe you will change your mind. Maybe you’ll reach out and try to spend some time.
This is all just wishful thinking…Nothing set in stone, Oh wait, one more maybe…Maybe you just want to be left alone….
You set the tone, I raised the bar and one of us did not follow through.
Amazing that I have found 53 ways to say I love you and now I can’t find 1 thing to do.
We need to get over this hump and yes I know you need me to be ok. It’s just not that easy as day 53 has left me feeling some kinda way.
So now you’re a little pissed and ready to fall out but I need you to calm down because that is not what this is about.
It’s about me making decisions and you stepping to up to the plate
and us communicating to make this better….Damn, COMMUNICATION…Aint that word great??
You accept and love me for who I am and for that I say thank you.
You also acknowledge that I need more and that may be difficult for you to do.
However this thing goes down should we stay or should we part, there are moments that no amount of time can expunge from my heart.
In the long run I maybe able to look back and laugh at this with you, but, today…Day 53 is the day The Boston Red Sox had me feeling like a New York Yankee “True Blue”.
Ok, so now we are about to hang up the phone because on this topic we can’t talk anymore….I squeeze my pillow tight, look at my alarm clock…It’s 10 after midnight….Maybe I should change the title to Day 54……..

15 Comments:

Blogger C.R. Knight said...

what a sad poem. you got to 53 ways to say "i love you" ALREADY? lawdy kids lawdy... do cheer up!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Red said...

Don't forget, you didn't just raise the bar...you are the bar.

6:44 AM  
Blogger gbfhbn said...

Ok, what the hell happened and who did it. Let me find out i got to get ghetto up in here? Who hurt my FOXY? Where they at? Hmmmumph. (rolling my eyes looking at the names on the blog from previous dates)

Foxy, you okay baby? I am here if you need me.... And I know RED got ya back (hi red.. remember me?? - oh probably not :( I know you though.. :)

ANyways, foxy call me...

qt

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you surprised me... it actually made 53 days we have been friends for a few years and i'm just started to like you. Give the guy some credit he made it, 53 days!

P.S. No shade intended your not the easiest person to get along with but we love you

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well even though the context may be difficult to deal with, I must say that you are quite the Langston Hughes. Hmmm.. you say day 54, that's a great start because the past is just that if it wills to become the future then the other half will bring day 55, 56, 57 and so on. If not time is the true revealer letting us know that its time to read the writing on the wall!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do a person do when all they have is words to express. Funny, I could relate but it's said "Life goes on". You have 53 Days and emotions that play in between. Damn, this relationship thing is really something. You keep your head and play it strong because I do beleive it hurts but life do go on.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

53 days?!!


I love you more

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Preach said...

If it doesn't kill you, it can only make you stronger. Knowing how strong you are even when u are weak, this will only make you that much stronger.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

53 days is too long to allow this person to have ownership of your heart---Take you heart back and lock it up and refuse to allow this 1 Boston Red Sox to dampen how you feel about any other Red Sox or New York Yankee for that matter---I have been there and let me let you know it will take another one to help you get over this 1 scrub--You are a rare gem and if he cannot recognize your inner and outer beauty--THE HELL WITH HIM Sweetie I have sent you a huge hug through your blog page and hopefully this will ease some of your heartache on day "54"-

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you tried to keep this a secret but I have found the blog let me first say..Wow! You can write really well. I like Boston a lot, with that said is it worth fighting for? Is it worth time, energy, distance, and the reality of the matter. I am sure you are asking yourself a million questions. Should you take it for what it is and leave it at that? My guess is that if you know how many minutes you both made the choice then it really means something to you. And I know if he did not mean anything you would have not taken the time to have a big fight with him or featured him on the show on multiple occasions or wrote 53 days. You both are at a crucial point in the relationship and it can go really well, middle ground, or get extremely worse. You both have another decision to make.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing good can come out of dwelling on the past Foxy. Try and move on - it's easier said than done, but once you start doing it, things get easier.

x

3:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I was about to drop a few words of wisdom here, but hey, you are a wise man already. So, erm...*thinking*-Embrace days 1-100, they set the stage and helps you to determine if there will be a day 101! Head up M8 ;)

2:50 PM  
Blogger the young people's professor said...

DAM.

5:59 AM  
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

BRAVO BABY

2:52 PM  
Blogger MsPerdie said...

Well, what can I say that everyone hasn't already said. You know how it goes... and you know what to do.... you ALWAYS get through it, no matter how much it hurts. It gets better..... XOXOXO

-Ciao

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home