Wednesday, July 13, 2005

One Monkey don't stop my show!!!

One Monkey don’t stop my show!!

Yesterday I had a conversation with a fan of the show…Every now and again there is going to be positive feedback and not so positive feedback. Yesterday would be an example of the latter of the two. A viewer expressed concern with regard to all my wild escapades and the boys that come and go on the show…The individual expressed some strong opinions and it was so appreciated. However, with the greatest respect for my viewers and the show I must acknowledge the comments.

Fan: "Foxy you have had more sex in the last six months than I have had in my entire life…I think you should slow down man. How can you really get to know someone if you jump in the sack with them so quickly? With that said it’s like this whirlwind of events; you meet, you roll in the sack and then you move on to something else. How can you know if someone is the right one if you never give them a fair chance? It’s like full relationship in the span of 3 or 4 weeks. I feel like you are on a rollercoaster, one day you meet…two weeks later your are really caught up and by the end of the month you no longer want to be bothered…It’s sort of crazy…What’s going on with you man”?

My Response…..
First I would like to say thank you for tuning in to the show. It is a privilege to have people who read and comment with concern and care. At the end of the day I do this for me, it is an opportunity to look back at my experiences, friends, family and colleagues and measure the level of growth over a particular time period. I love that my viewers really get into the show and cheer me on episode after episode and chime in with their scintillating commentary. It keeps me going and gives me a chance to look at my adventures honestly and objectively.

Now, as far as the comparison on the levels of sexual intercourse…..I guess all I can really say is "I’m sorry". I am a very sexual being, much more than the average male so that should explain my populous escapades. I would like to be clear that I DO NOT sleep with everyone that may say hello to me. Those of you who know me personally know that I am very selective in the guys I get down with. I mean even the
hearing impared try to step up to the plate. You are probably all aware that I’m not shy at all about being comfortable with myself sexually as in any thing that you do CONFIDENTLY you command the attention of others, this is no different than my non-sexual interaction with people. I am social and people are curious and attracted to me and unless I’m terribly mistaken I believe that is how you and I initially met….Think about that and let me know what you think…..I know u will!

I never once declared that I’m looking for anyone or anything serious…In most cases I make it my business to confirm that I am not looking for anything too heavy. As far as the statement about not getting to know someone because of a quick sexual relationship.
NEWSFLASH!! Sex is the most elementary task in a relationship. However, being able to listen to one talk about their past, present and future is not and I have mastered the ability to allow people to tell me about themselves and more importantly decide how important this person may or may not be in my show (life). More often than not this is easy, a lot of it has to do with the amount of complacency people find in me. I guess I’m not that bad of a guy. However, if I decide that things are not going to work out please trust in the fact that it is a decision made based on numerous conversation and intense observation and the ability to know what I am willing and not willing to accept I always manage to maintain great friendship and the memories (thanks to my blog) will last a lifetime If I get some good ass in this process well then so be it! LOL

America’s sweetheart Oprah Winfrey reminds us...
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."

One more to think about…..

I love that you have compared my life to a rollercoaster because I believe this is a perfect paralleling ratio. My life is…An exciting yet scary ride that takes me through ups and downs all the time. Fortunate for me I have the opportunity to experience this rollercoaster ride again and again each time it’s different not necessarily different as in the sense that it’s a new ride but my car passenger may be new or in that last loop that used to leave me nauseated now makes me chuckle because I have already mastered it, or understanding that once you finish riding backwards, you are only going through the same shit in a different direction. My experiences teach me lessons that I can either learn from or go through again. My adventures make me who I am and keep me one step ahead of the game or in some cases one step behind. I could not for 10 seconds fathom myself tied down with one person for 58 years, not having traveled the world and having seen how others “host their shows” across the globe. I’m 27 years old and I’m breaking the mold, climbing the corporate ladder, obtaining higher education and doing so while ignoring what society says about how I should live my life. I have done more at 27 than most people will do their entire lives and I don’t regret a thing. I also don't think that I'm any better than the man that finds happiness in doing the same thing and living the same way everyday. It's all about enjoying life finding out how to do that is half the fun! Hell, my mama tunes into the show and cheers me on I mean isn’t that the goal in life to accomplish what our parents have and then some but more importantly to do it our own way??

Each one teach one....I have just learned something about you and hopefully you have learned something about me. Now it's time to go back to our respective shows because I am who I am and I host what I host!

What do the viewers think? Foxy would like to know.


In closing I again thank my viewer for the feedback it’s good to know and I appreciate the concern. I will leave with this last statement:

“Change is inevitable, growth is optional. I choose to grow through change”.

How ‘bout that…..

7 Comments:

Blogger MsPerdie said...

When people have SOOOO much (usually negative) to sa about the life tha YOU ARE living, most of the time it's jealousy because they don't have the courage, inspiration, BALLS to do it. A lot of people envy you, in their own little way... live your life, and have fun doing it, while the other sit idly on the sidelines.. twiddling their thumbs.

*Ciao Bella*

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, by reading the blog and the response, it seems to me that if you are happy and confident in yourself you need to do what makes you happy. We all care bout Foxy. I am one who cares bout him a lot but rest assure Foxy will not do anything that will harm or hurt Foxy in anyway. Hell I say do it and do it well just remember you are you and in the words of Miss Beyonce "Me, Myself and I is all I got in the end."
Muck love for you Foxy.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Foxy -

Join the club man! Like msperdie said, it's jealousy man. There are a LOT of truly bitter jaded people online. You did like I had to do last night (post this entry) only difference is you did it a lot nicer than me. :)

20 points for you!!!!!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Oh and by the way, I'll be somewhat in your neck of the woods this weekend...maybe a quick face-to-face is in order? :)

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhhhh, hate comments. Aren't they wonderful? Of course, yours wasn't one of hate; merely concern. If we can take the negative and turn it into something positive, then we have accomplished something. And what they all say is not true. Just because you choose to ignore something does not mean it will go away.

7:43 PM  
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

Hey Sunshine (stealing a line from your book)...

Your response was eloquent...to the point...real..tasteful...

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let the church say amen...

I am of the mind to agree with the viewer and his concerns regarding your illicit sexual behaviors you whoremonger/slut… You need to get right with the LORD and change your wicked ways… lol….

You know I couldn’t resist… Just kidding…. The Fox will be the Fox…. That’s why we love you for being who you are… Catch it.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home