Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Madness in the Mountains....

Madness in the Mountains...

Alright so yesterday I returned from my little escape to “The Burbs” for the weekend.
Overall I had a great time hanging with “Lucky Charm” and his crew. Infact they reminded me so much of me and my tribe.

Friday night 9pm I’m one stop away from East Cupcake, Connecticut on the Metro North and I realize that these train stations are pretty desolate at night and me being the city boy that I am was thinking this boy better be there when I arrive or else I’m going to be sitting in the dark. Sure enough when I step off the train I see “Lucky" waiting outside the car which automatically warrants an instant smile from me. I finish up my conversation with “Red” on the Fox Fone and greet “Lucky” with a quick kiss. We head off towards his parents place and along the way he let’s me know that his boy is coming to pick us up in about an hour so we can go for a late dinner and drinks. My private thoughts are screaming (well I really just wanted to chill with you) however, I realize like myself his friends really mean a lot to him so I bite the bullet and keep my mouth closed. We head to TGIFridays and end up having a great evening with his friends. I can really appreciate this as I know how much fun my friends and I have and on several occasions “Lucky” has witnessed this first hand. By the end of the night I’m so very glad I kept my mouth closed as I was rewarded with a Pot of Gold or as some pirates may refer to it….”Booty”!

Saturday (Early morning)
I slowly drag myself out of bed to get the morning going. I decided to knock out the last few pages of a great book I was reading and began working on my next blog entry. Eventually I could not hold back any longer and we had to go grab a bite to eat. Driving around the burbs took me back to when I lived in Richmond, VA well what really reminded me of Richmond was the Friendly’s restaurant that we ate at. I had not been to one in years and thoroughly enjoyed it. Now you guys all know Friendly’s is a far cry from gourmet but it served its purpose and Saturday morning it hit the spot. Conversation over lunch was cool a lot of flirting and slick talking. I couldn’t help but think to myself it must be so obvious to the people around us that we are digging each other. Our next stop after lunch was the grocery store; tonight “Lucky” was going to be hosting a get together at his parents place while they were out of town. (This is me again thinking “Didn’t I come up here to NOT do all this??) Once we got back to “The Manor” and put all the party foods away. We decided to upgrade from the festivities the night before and as I type this I still have a goofy grin on my face. LOL!

Saturday (Evening)
After we got all showered and dressed for his friends it was on.. I was in full throttle working the oven, working the crowd and flirting with “Lucky” from across the room. This I found was not very difficult for me as I am who I am and I host what I host however I was blown away as I carefully observed the room and realized that my cutie was glowing, and truly the center of attention similar to the look that I reflect when among my friends and family. Once the food was out and the drinks were flowing the real fun began as I got to see him in his element, rekindling old tales from his high school days. Of course I’m eating it up as I begin to harass “Lucky” and find myself more comfortable with the group. The night went on and the fun continued and all I remember is that by the end of the night they were talking about going to some cemetery to see a ghost and here I go again thinking to myself “I thought white kids only did this shit in the movies”. Ahhh well you learn something new everyday. I also learned from the movies that the black guy always dies first so I stayed close to My “Lucky Charms”.
Eventually all the guest headed home and we cleaned up the crib and realized that “Lucky’s” cell phone was missing. I must have called it 20 times but to no avail. I just gathered one of his friends grabbed it in error and would return it in the morning, time for bed.

Sunday
Why am I up at 7:30am watching Sunday Inspiration on BET??? Around 8am “Lucky” all sleepy eyed walks in and asks what I’m doing and I say “Getting my church on” he rolls his pretty green/hazel eyes and mumbles something about Jesus and does some mock holy ghost wave or dance I’m not sure and walks out of the room. Now I pretend to be pissed by this but inside I’m dying laughing as I thought it was so cute and funny and no different from when we mock the way white folks dance aka “Carlton” on Fresh Prince of Bel Air. However, aint nobody got nothing on this GUY!
Within a few hours we were all packed and back in the city driving down the West Side Highway heading towards our final destinations. Both completely drained and wiped out. I drop “Lucky” home and within 5 minutes I’m wondering what he’s up to ( Gosh I can be such a chicken head) When I get out of the Holland Tunnel headed home the Fox Fone rings and it’s “Lucky” calling to let me know he’s going to eat and take a nap.

(Audience laughs as Foxy blushes)

Ok so that was my weekend in Watertown and this has been your official Foxdate!

Ciao!

2 Comments:

Blogger gbfhbn said...

Sounds like you had a ball. I am happy Lucky turned out to be a 'good' one.

Its good to see/read about you smiling and blushing... it's about time! You needed and deserved it!

Sorry bout the other day - I dont know what came over me.I was a mess. I love you though..

qt

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Now Foxy you know what i am about to say and i have said it b4, you deserve to be happy and if He makes you happy then hell i am gettin my Channel cleaned as we speak and lookong for my matching sling backs....lol
Do you Foxy do you

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home