Thursday, August 25, 2005

"The Truth about Cats & Dogs"

“The Truth about Cats & Dogs”

The more I realize that “Lucky” and I are the same the more I realize that we are so very different.
I’m a City Boy who really wants to be a Country Boy.
He’s a Suburban Boy who has converted to City Living.
I grew up in and around NYC so there is so much about the city that does not amaze or impress me in any way shape or form.
It’s all new to “Lucky” and he is enjoying every minute of it.

Earlier this week “Lucky” adopted a cute dog as he is such an animal lover and really wanted to have a pet of his own here in the city.
I was introduced to “King” the Dog on Monday evening which is when my baby announced to me that he needs to return the dog to the adoption agency. When I asked him to explain he informed me of the severe separation anxiety that the dog suffers from.
In his line of work there is no way that he would be able to leave the dog alone for hours during the day without risking the dog ransacking his apartment. I totally understood his dilemma and asked what I could do to help, he went on to explain that his only other option was to crate the dog for 8 hours a day which is how some people in the city keep their dogs to avoid mass destruction of their tiny Manhattan apartments.

Unfortunately, I was not able to be as empathetic as “Lucky” would have liked me to be. The truth is I have never been attached to an animal, I had a cat when I was 8 years old and when my parents realized my sister was allergic to “stinker” one day the cat just disappeared….No questions, No answers. When I was 21 I had two cats and when those little fuckers started bugging out and knocking down garbage cans and shitting in my bed I decided to let them go where they can knock down as many garbage cans as they please. Now many of you will read this and say well why do you have a cat now? Well because I wanted one and I can have one. Should my cat decide that he wants to get all crazy I will show him what happens to “Crazy Cats” and cart his ass right down to “Chengs” my local Chinese restaurant and that will be that!

Ok that was a little harsh but you know what I’m saying….

The bottom line is people are different. Our views and beliefs are not always in sync. Coming to a common acceptance is what is important. I don’t understand why “Lucky” is such a pet lover but it’s not for me to understand but to accept and be there for him during this very sensitive period. I cannot aid in him making the best decision but whatever decision he makes I’ll be right by his side. “Lucky” probably does not get why I blog everyday but he sure does read it…..Don’t you baby?

Isn’t that what’s important?

Ok I gotta go feed the cat feel free to leave your comments in the “Litter Box”!

Meow!

17 Comments:

Blogger Cutie Cola said...

Good morning to you Foxy!! Wow....thanks for the good morning shout out! I feel so special :-) Hope you have a greeeeat day!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

DId you just meow? WOW!!! lol your rigth people are so different. I am like you I been liven in the big city all my life, I would like a change, you know?

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, Foxy. I understand you. I love animals and I like pets, but I like them moreso when they're someone else's. I've had pets before, and I don't like the responsibility of having to find an alternate caretaker when I'm away.

Jamie, on the other hand, is a pet lover and wants a dog when we're settled in our own home.

I guess in this case, it would be my responsibility to compromise and let him have one. My only argument I will stand by is that it will NOT sleep in my bed with us. NO, huh uh, no way. But other than that, I'll be game and accept the rest as it comes.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Msnhim said...

I am not a big animal person, but I grew up surrounded by them. everything from fish to dogs to even a dam rabbit... but I dont want any in my house. Thats like having a kid and i am not ready for that now.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Good Morning Foxy!

About pets, I guess I'm particular to other people's cats. I wouldn't want to own a cat because they can be sneaky, moody, and just downright "special". Thank you but, no thank you.

About the other thing...e-mail me. My address is in my profile.

8:33 AM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

Honey give me a kitty cat any day of the week.

11:28 AM  
Blogger T-Baby said...

I completely understand what you mean. I am not a great pet lover.

11:38 AM  
Blogger winterssoulstyce said...

stopping in to say HEEYYYY!!!

i grew up with a cat so i am partial to cats, also exotic animals.

i don't have a pet now because the complex i live in doesnt allow. ok. less work for me, hmmm.

11:53 AM  
Blogger brooklyn babe said...

Sup Foxy! Don't make me call PETA on you... you betta show some more luv for Lucky's pet. Or pet Lucky more instead.... your choice lol!

P.S. i'm gonna blogbud roll ya on my thingamagigy ok... PEACE....

1:23 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

That *is* what's important. Supporting each other even when you don't understand. THAT rocks.

1:35 PM  
Blogger GQ1NYC said...

Being from NY, the regular NY stuff is rutine for me. Moved down here to NC and I'm dating a Southern Girl, took her to NY to visit and she was blown away by things we take for granted as New Yorkers. But it's All good.

2:21 PM  
Blogger SGL Café.com said...

Hey Foxy. Just found out about your spot, though I'm extremely disheartened that a fellow Jersey City head would even thing of carting their cat off to Cheng's!!

Just dump the fuzz ball in Hamilton Park like I did. Some goody-two-shoes will take it home and hug and squeeze it no doubt.

4:09 PM  
Blogger SGL Café.com said...

One more thing ...

... don't get it twisted. I have pets. Three dogs as a matter of fact.

But cats are for Witches & Satanists.

4:11 PM  
Blogger HighMaintenanceHussy said...

Unfortunately, separation anxiety is pretty common in dogs, particularly if they are used to hanging out with other dogs all day at the shelter.

I have two dogs. Cats creep me out.

11:15 PM  
Blogger HighMaintenanceHussy said...

p.s. I've linked you. You should have a links section...you'd be surprised at how much extra traffic you pick up that way.

And if I can do html, anybody can.

12:52 AM  
Blogger E said...

I feel you on the pet thing. I grew up around cats. But the current cats my folks have turn me off to pets in general these days.

5:54 AM  
Blogger MsPerdie said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Chengs down the street... LMAO!!!! You're a mess.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home