Thursday, August 11, 2005

Simple or REAL???

Simple or REAL???

Ok I did not write this but it does not mean I could not share it with you today. I went down this list and I kept thinking to myself how lucky I am to have two best friends who are both just as much a mess as I am it creates balance within the group. So this one goes out to everyone who is REAL and has a REAL friend!

A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest. A REAL friend opens your refrigerator and helps himself.
A simple friend has never seen you cry. A REAL friend has shoulderssoggy from your tears.
A simple friend doesn't know your parents' first names. A REAL friendhas their phone numbers in his address book.
A simple friend brings a bottle of wine to your party. A REAL friendcomes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean.
A simple friend hates it when you call after he has gone to bed. A REALfriend asks you why you took so long to call.
A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems. A REALfriend seeks to help you with your problems.
A simple friend wonders about your romantic history. A REAL friend couldblackmail you with it.
A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument.A REAL friend calls you after you had a fight.
A simple friend expects you to always be there for them. A REAL friendexpects to always be there for you!
A simple friend reads this and has nothing to say. A REAL friend is probably getting all choked up at this very moment.

I’m as real as the rain that falls on our heads during a storm. After you read this you will know how REAL you are and how simple everyone else is.

One more day till the weekend….Who’s keeping it REAL today?

11 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Hmmm Simple..Funny, when I hear the word simple I think of my 2 co workers!! FOXY B. you know I keep it real "erry" day!!! Holla!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

P.S. Ya post was real right there.....do ya thang!

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Do you know how many times I've had people tell me not to get into someone else's fridge? I tell them, I do it because they don't care. It feels good when you can feel comfortable raiding someone else's fridge. You know you're in the home of a real friend, then.

6:24 AM  
Blogger gbfhbn said...

I wanna be REAL.. can I please big daddy? Can I???? unhuh?

LOL

I love you foxy loads - from our old slavery days to me crying the other week cause I dont see you - I think that's real enough. whatcha think?

qt

6:44 AM  
Blogger The Foxybrown Show said...

It's as real as it gets baby. It lets me know that you are REAL and are definitely tuned in. As long as you look back at all those good and bad times at "Old Slavery" and realize how far we have come....Now that is REAL!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

So true, so true.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Red said...

REAL is passing messages through my moms. That's so shady!!!!!

By the way, it looks like you're official now...you've got spam!


I love u more.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Foxy, you was definitely ON POINT with this post!!! I need to put it on my wall.

2:00 PM  
Blogger MsPerdie said...

I'd say, we're REAL to each other... shit we've been through, and how long have we known each other? Love you, FOXY! And I know you love me.. ;)

2:31 PM  
Blogger Jerrster said...

A simple friend wonders about your romantic history. A REAL friend could blackmail you with it

my personal favorite.

great list!

4:30 PM  
Blogger My-Conscience said...

I like this post it gave me an Idea for a post I have on Draft about friends..... Thanks girl..

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home