Thursday, September 29, 2005

Ordinary People.....

“Ordinary People”

Ok so today’s entry is just simple, very plain, no gossip and no funny stories just Foxybrown uncut an unedited....

Everyday I struggle, I struggle with new challenges, I struggle with change, I struggle with figuring out what I want to be when I grow up, I envy no one but respect everyone but still I struggle.

I often wonder if things would be different for me if I had a Trust Fund and parents that catered to my every pain, then I realized I already know that kid I just saw him leaving the hood jumping in his CLK his pockets full of cocaine.

Well maybe if I had studied just a little bit harder I would have been able to get into that MBA program at Harvard. Oh, wait a minute I read about that guy he jumped seven stories to his death right on the front yard.

How come I couldn’t be the VP of Accounting? I mean damn he aint got nothing on me
On second glance he is an alcoholic and has no respect for women so that VP I guess I’ll never be.

Instead I’m just an ordinary bro; how the world views me I’ll never know.
I just do the best to make a difference everyday and I do it in my own “Foxy” way!

There is no Trust Fund and there is no CLK but there is plenty of cocaine in the neighborhood where I stay.

I didn’t make it to Harvard and that’s ok you see. My degree came from The City University and I dare you try to take it from me.

So I’m not VP yet, that doesn’t mean it will never be. It just means that I have not found the slot that is a perfect fit for me.

So keep your eyes and ears to the street because you never know where you will find me, I’m Young, Gifted & Black and that’s a FACT but at the end of the day….I’m just ordinary....How 'bout that!

21 Comments:

Blogger MsPerdie said...

Sho is....

5:52 AM  
Blogger Cherlyn Michaels said...

I've come to realize that no matter what life we create for ourselves, we can always slip into the thought of "things would have been different if..." It's great to realize that we're superb as we are. Without you being you, then there would be no Foxy! :-)

6:32 AM  
Blogger winterssoulstyce said...

you are young, fly, and gifted, all in one package. how is that ordinary??

6:46 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

okay that was ogf the hook!!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Unconquerable Soul said...

YOU ARE MUCH MORE THAN ORDINARY! YOU NEED TO RECOGNIZE THAT!

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a very strong statement. And very admirable. No wonder you have so many adoring fans of the show, FOXY!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Honey, your ordinary is extraordinarily perfect. Be you that's all that any of us can ever hope to be or do.

Loved this!

PS: I missed Why Wednesday, but you better get lucky for all of us! :-)

7:30 AM  
Blogger honkeie said...

Well put and I have a few more stories of " why couldnt I have been.." I know alot of ppl that call themselevs succsessfull. And they are all unhappily married to it. I am not successful in the ways of Fortune magazine but I am happy to be the underachiever I am.
Life is what U make of it and the definiton of happiness is different for all of us.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Ladynay said...

That was a cute post.

Call me having a blonde moment, but was that a poem?

7:58 AM  
Blogger Laylah Queen of the Night said...

Co-sign with the rest of the folks, you are the extrodinary type of ordinary!

8:01 AM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

You're doing well by me. A degree is a degree. Keep doing your thing!

8:24 AM  
Blogger GQ1NYC said...

You have a good head on your sholders and although you don't know where you will be, you know where you don't want to end up.

Growing up was hard for me too, living in the getto, Being PR but not being treated as one. Family fool of Abusers and loosers and yet I made it through, paid my own way and now on my journy to try and make something of myself.

Hang in there Foxy because there is someone smiling down on you. Good luck with what ever you do.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed and I don't impress easily. Well at least not without a couple bottles of vodka under my belt. LOL

10:24 AM  
Blogger Buck Rogers said...

We are both extradorinary and fablous. The fact that you position or station in life is not those, doesn't deminish(sp?) who you are. Hell half those people are effed up anwyays

10:43 AM  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

I love this post. Just be the best you you can be.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Michael The Shadow said...

Well I'm giving you and Emmy for this show for writing, and producing and starring because it made my little heart beat stronger. I know all to well the feeling of trying to "keep up" with my friends and it never happens for me. Luckily, I got some real friends that even if I can't keep up, adore me because of who I am and not WHAT I am.

Damn...I'll just give ya the three Emmys now and you can have the speech ;)

1:58 PM  
Blogger Papigiulio said...

hah nice rap p.dido ;) :P

3:05 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

omg thanx so much 4 stopping by my blog and the comment! ur just fab!
i link u also hope that was ok.

6:36 PM  
Blogger DramaFree said...

In this case, I think that ordinary is EXTRAORDINARY!

Have a fantabulous weekend

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you say uncut and unedited...I can't get my update now...excuse me, I must run to the bathroom. (Note to self aim for the toilet and not the sink. Returns to blog and skips to the next entry).

5:47 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

I'm sorry to disagree, Foxy, but you are not ordinary. You're very special. Maybe the place you hold in your company or your ride or your residence is ordinary, but none of that makes the man. You are exceptional. Always have been. Always will be.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home