Monday, October 10, 2005

"Foxy Hills 07304"



Foxy Hills 07304
Episode 4
When it rains it pours…

This weekend the show was broadcasted live from “The District”. This has pretty much been the routine since “Red” moved south a little over two years ago. Saturday was to be the first time that you got to hear “Red” spinning on the ones and twos but God had another plan. It rained cats and dogs over DC this weekend. Now through the rain there was some sunshine. This period of rain gave “Red” an opportunity to further practice and sharpen his skills and remember to keep it simple….It was so funny to hear me saying that to him when it’s usually the other way around.
The rain also gave me a chance to catch up with the DC metro crew and touch base on what’s going on with them these days. The rain is also a great time for reflection. I looked back on the last 10 years of my life and the relationships retained the evolution from Boy to Man, The Family Tree that begins with me. I also looked ahead 10 years and I am so not afraid to say that I have no idea what the future holds for me but this past 10 years have been pretty damn good and as I have done some pretty amazing things and I keep in mind that “The best is yet to come”. While driving home yesterday afternoon I deliberated over and over again in my mind about what would be next for me. It’s so typical of me…I just landed a great new job opportunity and I’m already looking 2 years down the road to what’s next.
To close this exciting and intriguing weekend I had a nice conversation with my Summer Intern “Mr. A. Gay” I think it was more me running my mouth and him listening but I think that was what needed to be done. Funny you never miss someone until they are gone and I realized how much I missed my intern in one conversation…I don’t miss that funky ass bedroom but I love you all the same!

All in all the rain fell on me hard this weekend…God has cried down on me empowering me to reach out and touch others. I’m now checking the weather report and getting excited about the next rainfall…


Great week to you all and I’ll see you on “Foxy Hills” next week!

11 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Okay you must seriously like the rain lol, the rain friggen depresses me!!! hahah I was soaked on Saturday and it interfered with my shopping!! (LAUGH) [insert danielle waving circular in the air] have a crunk monday!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Drea Inspired said...

Yeah, it rained in N. Georgia all weekend too.

The best is yet to come, Foxy. It's so exciting to look at how blessed your life is and remember where you came from, huh? I have to remind myself of that because I'm always complaining about school, but at least I was blessed with this opportunity and God has so many great things in store!

See now, you got me all excited about Monday...and it looks a hot mess outside!!!! haha...Have a wonderful day!

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It rained in Mr. Brian's WV all weekend, too. And boy am i saturated!

6:32 AM  
Blogger MsPerdie said...

Happy week to you, too. I'm sad, oh so sad!!!

6:48 AM  
Blogger redgirl said...

rain has away of washing troubles but if the sun dont come out soon here im going to need lots of mtdew

7:44 AM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

I love the rain as well...It smells so nice some times:)

Were you using the RAIN as a metaphore? I read too much into things I think...well anyway glad you had time to reflect...:)

Smooches Foxybaby!

11:45 AM  
Blogger ElovesU said...

I think even the world needs time to clense it self, and thats why it rains...it rained here in oregon....it seems like the whole country is wheeping, but thats no reason to be sad, who doesnt love sex in the rain?
keep it up
love, ~ELMO

2:03 PM  
Blogger Jerrster said...

foxy...just so you'll know I'm 50 and life has not been better.

I thought it was going to be a disappointment getting older but my friend, I'm getting better and better each year...like fine wine.

just don't stay corked up too long...else you turn to vinegar.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Michael The Shadow said...

Well it's only sun sun sun here in California so PLEASE send me some of that healin rain. Trust me, I could use it.

Funny how you look forward and I'm always look back trying to figure out how I got here in the first place.

Course now I'm seriously curious as to what Red's set is gonna be. Do ya think you could post it?

7:24 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Always looking ahead. I'm the same way.

9:32 PM  
Blogger DramaFree said...

I'm glad that you had a good weekend of reflection. Have a good week Foxy!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home