Saturday, February 19, 2005

Presidents weekend turns into the Boston Tea Party!

Ok, so the dilemma is there are not enough black people in Rockhard, MD.
It's not really an issue for me because I do not live here....However, this is my second home until further notice is sent and I have to try to make this work but really............$20 for a damn hair cut!

This morning’s events were completely the type of events that are typical here on the show, I go out expecting to spend 7 bucks and instead, I end up shelling out 20 phat ones for a crooked cut...........GAS!

Anyhow, after I get back wake up the boys we all get dressed for a full day. First off we have to make it to a brunch at a friends home in Alexandria, VA then we are off to get some shopping done at Potomac Mills outlet mall.

My job is to get Preach all dressed up and give him an east coast look, my budget I was told was unlimited but knowing my talent I can get this done in $100 or less. Four exhausting hours later Preach is pleased with his outfit for the evening and we are off to find some quick joint to grab dinner and get ready for the next scene of the evening. Starr is out of town but his partner in crime "A.GAY" is on the scene and ready to join us in the evening’s functions. Apparently we missed another party that AG was trying to get us to attend but when it all comes down to it shopping takes priority over everything. After dinner we head back to Red's place and take care of "The Three Esses" and we are off to the Bachelor's Mill for the warm up to the after-party @ Delta Elite.

"Suprise, Suprise"

One of the highlights of the evening was running into "Cruzin" Ex-boyfriend of Red and fan of the show. I had not seen him since the break up and the rumor was he had nothing but nice words for me after the divorce *something very rare so you know it's genuine* It was a real treat and to see "Cruz" having a good time out and I know behind the scenes it brought about 30 seconds of sunshine to RED. So we are all on the dance floor downstairs just drinking and hopping to the music and "AG" tells us that they are playing hip-hop on the other side of the club so of course we bee line to the next room. Now normally when I step into a room I size up the joint:

Who's checking for me?
Who am I checking for?
Who won't get a chance to smell it?
Who could put it on lock for the night?

Thirty seconds after entering the room I see a PHINE Redbone brother standing on the wall before I even have a chance to finish scanning the room I realize that I have officially checked him out and he has returned the favor. My dilemma how am I going to approach this brother....After we do the whole stare game he walks over to the bar and in my mind I am thinking "Either your going to fall in love with me or we are going to become friends so it's now or never". I approach him and to my surprise brother man was so cool about it...In fact he said to me that on his way back from the bar that he was planning to drag me to the other side of the room but I beat him to the punch.

Turns out that this guy is from Boston and is a school teacher therefore, he has been blessed with the "Blog Name" of "Boston Public" he purchased a beer for me even though I was already buzzzzzzing, we continued to talk and I was eventually introduced to his cousin and I politely invited them to move the party over to Delta Elite where we could continue talking and see where the evening went, once Public and his cousin agreed to meet us at the club I then rejoined my crew already in progress chatting and laughing it up I passed my beer off to RED cause sharing is caring and we rounded up the boys to head out. Once we all get to the Delta and go downstairs to the hip-hop floor I accept that I may not see "Boston" for the remainder of the evening...The Delta is wall to wall people in a very very dimly lit space so I decide to not worry about it and just dance and have a good time. "Behind the scenes"- I made sure I had his number before I left the first party so I was not worried at all.

While at the party I run into my lil son "Twane" and he introduced me to a friend of his whom I had had several phone conversations with over the last few months and I was taken back when I was introduced as Twane's boy "DROF" as he looked much better than I expected and I know that is a Shady comment but this is a Shady show and if that creates a problem for you this is probably where u should stop reading! Drof and I danced the remainder of the night together on the dance floor and at the end of the night I introduced him to my peeps. I somehow managed to do this while keeping my eyes open for Boston but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Sunday Mass"

One thing about being with good friends is that you do not have to go out of your way to impress each other. Sunday morning I woke up and made bacon, eggs and biscuits for the boys and we sat up and watched two movies laughing and joking all the way. Moments like these are priceless and don't come everyday so I just want to acknowledge that I really had a great time and though this has been and eventful weekend I think this morning/afternoon just sitting around and laughing with the gyrlz has been the highlight of my trip. Later in the evening we get dressed to go have dinner at "La Casa Mexican" Once again my babies got busy in that kitchen and blessed us with a meal made from the heart. Preach enjoyed himself and walked away with the feel of something special looking at the Mexican and his home and his relationship. I remember feeling that very same way the first time I met him and spent time in his home. After dinner we laughed talked and exchanged stories till we realized it was much later than we planned to stay and had to make our way to "The Lizard Lounge" at this point I was wiped out from the weekend of running and so forth and in addition to that The lounge always has an unbearable entry line and tonight God decided that he wanted to cry on his children. Preach took one look at me and says "My girlfriend loves me because the look on your face says that if you were not here visiting from LA I would not be caught dead on this line". Another thing that amazes me with my friends is that I never really have to say too much for them to understand exactly how I feel.

Now it's Monday and Preach is going to be heading home soon so we decide to grab some breakfast as we are starving and pick up a few thank you gifts for RED.

It's 3pm and I'm on my way home to the Jersey Estates and that brings this segment to a close....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home