Friday, April 22, 2005

"Get on the Bus".....

Get on the Bus……


When I step off the train in Far Rockaway, Queens I take a deep breath and inhale all that is living in NYC and the diversity that is fabulous. I’m in a heavily Guyanese populated neighborhood and I always think it’s so interesting to see how advertisements always tend to reflect the neighborhoods of the business they wish to obtain. I don’t think this is a bad thing just funny, for example: Anyone ever see a KFC commercial with a Asian family buttering up hot biscuits and getting busy on juicy chicken legs and thighs??? Well if you have not I suggest you tune in to your local Asian Variety Network, everyone has one and once you see this or a similar commercial you will appreciate this entry…..So I’m at the bus stop waiting on the Q10 popping on some Double Mint Gum I can’t believe I’m a at bus stop doing with my gum what I use to scream at my sister for doing when we were kids but it’s all good I carry a little bit of my family with me every where I go so I guess this afternoon sister fox is all up in my mouth….LOL! Finally the bus arrives and I jump onto the extremely over-crowded ride and start out what is to be the ride from hell……Catch it!

1. Ten minutes after being on the bus the back doors decide that they are going to no longer work….WHY?
2. The driver frustrated and uncertain as to what he should do takes the bus out of service.

Now this is just me but why can’t the passengers just all use the front door? I mean at the end of the day that is so much better than just shutting the whole function down.

3. When he dispatches in to let the guys know what has happened they laugh at him and tell him to put the bus back in service and keep on going and call once he completes his round at the airport.
Ok so we load back up and head on out I’m a lil frustrated but I just keep thinking to myself “wait till I get my laptop out”. I swear I am cracking up at this bus driver who appears to be of some sort of West Indian descent and everybody knows that there aint nothing like an angry Jamaican man or Trini woman. Man, you will be afraid to even mess with them but at the same time you will be trying to figure out exactly what the hell they are saying.

Now as if this ride could not get anymore interesting just as I begin to get a little nervous as I see time is pressing on we begin to enter the terminals at the airport. It is at this point some very trendy dressed lady walks up to the front of the bus and begins to ask the driver what stop is her airline on…….(Looks at audience) Now why in the hell would she go and do that??!!?? When I say that bus driver went OFF on her! It was like watching power when your ass don’t pay the bill cuz he “Blacked the Fukk Out” but all we knew was he was MAD because I’ll be damned if any of us on the bus including the poor idiot who approached him knew what “The Angry Bus Man” was saying.

So once she takes her silly ass back to her seat I’m getting nervous again I forgot which terminal was Delta and boy I did not want to ask this guy but I figure hey I’m Foxy if I say it really really nice he will answer I also put a little West Indian spin on my voice, I didn’t really I just whispered my question but in my head I was Jamaican. Well how ‘bout my man answered me just as quick as day…”Terminal Tree, Terminal Tree” now normally this would have me hysterically laughing because it is moments like this that confirms my belief that Puerto Ricans and West Indians just will NEVER be able to say “Three” correctly. However, I don’t think “ABM” would appreciate the joke so in my private way of still getting my laugh on I respond to him “Irie, Irie” privately I’m cracking up because what I really want to say to him “I really don’t understand why you are so angry mister but since my flight leaves in about an hour I’m not messing with you”.

Here we are at “Terminal Tree” I could just kiss the ground but instead I make a mental note to take a fukkin cab back home when I fly back into this bitch!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol... awww, damnn. you better be happy you didnt not mess with the driver.. he could have kicked ya butt off the bus and u'd a been walking for real.. lol - Far Rock aint no joke.. remember my stories back in the days.. lol..

anyways I hope you got to where you were going safely.. and returned in one piece as well...

qt..

ps.. why u aint return my calls.. I aint callin you no more!
where is the love... all those months at old slavery and I am treated like this.. :o(

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home