Monday, April 11, 2005

"Happy Birthday Sister Fox"

Saturday morning and I'm feeling much better than I felt last night...I cannot believe that Boston Public cancelled....Well, not actually he called me at about 9pm to say that he just got in and could hit the road but wouldn't get in town till about 2 or 3am. I was kind of down with the plan either way it went but decided it best if he left in the morning. I am on the phone with Red on the warm line as this whole conversation goes down. After hanging up phone with I decided to pack a bag for The District. I figure just in case this all does not go down the way I want it to, I can hit town with my Road Dawg, I gotta say Red kept me strong through this whole deal because the Fox was feeling some kind of way about this all and it was every way but good.

It's 7:30am and I'm on the phone with Lil Sister Fox wishing her a Happy 26th Birthday, during this call I find out the Mama Fox has forgotten to update the show and inform me that my sister is off from work therefore, making her free to hang out. If I had known this ahead of time I would have cancelled plans to hang with. However, all hope is not lost just yet. BP calls around 8am to let me know he is on his way to the train station and will call me with the details of his train into NYC. I was a little shocked as with that call I realized the show was about to begin but I could not let it start without giving my lil sis some love.

What else could I do but pack up two Martini glasses and a Thermos full of the best Apple Martini's this side of the Hudson River and a jar of cherries...That's right I was a walking mini-bar! I was gunning the west side highway while talking to Red about my plans on surprising my sister with some early cocktails.

I arrive at my moms place and 15 minutes later lil sis and I are on our second drink and Mama Fox is walking around shaking her head, I know she thinks we are heathens but she loves us dearly and would cut a mans fingers off if he tried to mess up our good time!

I take my sis out to breakfast and we had a great time chatting it up over our "Soul Breakfast" of Smothered Pork Chops, Grits, Cheese Eggs, Macaroni & Cheese and Potato Salad....Only in Harlem can you get that kind of grub before noon!

Afterward we hit the strip 125th street and did a little shopping I had to hit sis off with something nice for her birthday.....A cute pair of New Balance and our Birthday shopping was done!

1pm......Still waiting on BP to get here....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sister Fox. I didn't even get a Happy Birthday from the punk, but who's worrying?

-PBE

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home