Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Sun rose on the east......

This morning I will be working from home or something in that family. Preach will be coming in on the Red Eye at 6:30 and my first order of business is to be there to pick him up. Now I was there but I don't think anybody said I had to be awake because I was certainly knocked out sleep in my car when he arrived and was scared out of my sleep by him banging on my car door to let him in. Off we head to the Jersey Estates, now keep in mind I am still working from home so I have to host a call from home and it's all good because while I'm doing that Preach gets to snatch a little shut eye.

10am and my call is done and so is my work day for that matter. Preach and I have some time to just catch up and talk about what's been going on in our individual worlds. I also allow preach to come a little closer into the circle by sharing some very intimate video with him, he gets a chance to see "The Three Musketeers" in their prime Red, Vivacious and myself were a young hot mess but we were fabulous nonetheless. Preach is tickled as I share some stories from our younger days I think it's interesting as I see that Preach is beginning to understand the bond that we have.

12pm we are hungry.......Time to eat so Preach and I hit it over to Al's for breakfast and then we fight over the check.

*Wondering why I always have to fight with Preach to pay for stuff*

Back at the Jersey Estate and it's time for me to do laundry and go get a quick haircut, so now my laundry and face are so fresh and so clean so I decide to check my work mail to make sure there are no fires burning...Well nothing was on fire but it definitely got HOT! "BP" has just sent me an e-mail to say wassup and see how the day was going of course I'm cheezing from ear to ear but I must remained focused…..So I go read the e-mail one more time...(DOING THE CHICKEN HEAD DANCE!) then I go wake Preach up so we can go head into the city to hit his hotel.

Once, we get settled in the hotel I take Preach to the office he will be working out of tomorrow and show him how close it is in proximity to his hotel, I'm cracking up laughing as I watch my friend transform into the role of a New Yorker, literally, watching the way we walk soaking up how we live so he can live as a New Yorker for a day, I mean he even got it down to a science to the point where he was telling me where he was gonna have breakfast in the morning like he been here for 10 years or something.

(Audience laughs)

Next we hit the Village and I walk my boy around the little local hot spots and he is taken back by the number of "Happy People" just walking the streets just as happy as they want to be and really taken back by how young the kids are. I reflect to myself, 10 years ago Red, Vivacious and I were running these same streets looking like we cut class after 4th period. Interesting to see how so much has changed yet so much has stayed the same (MESSAGE!!) Next we hit "Cheers" for a drink now neither one of us has had a bite to eat but what the hell does that matter when it's happy hour! Now, thanks to a few family members who will remain nameless but if you read "Three Little Things" you know they are on the Irish side I am able to push back a few drinks no problem and Preach is watching me in amazement as the glasses come back empty every time while I'm watching him baby sit his one drink! Next thing I know I see "EX O'RED" standing by the door and again I'm thinking how some things change but most stay the same. Of course we on the show are nothing less than perfect so I go and greet "EOR" and we toss smart ass remarks back and forth and after we are all squared away I let him know how well Red is doing “WITHOUT” him and I ensure him that I will let Red know that he is doing the same shit….Oooops, I mean good!

So now I walk back over to Preach and I want to just fall out on the floor....

Why is Preach in his chair falling asleep??!!??

Now I know it's time for us to get outta here but not without having one more drink. So another round it is and then we round it on out of the door cuz it's time to eat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home