Saturday, April 23, 2005

Rescue 911….Live from the 301....

Rescue 911….Live from the 301...

Last night the boys and I hit the streets of DC to make it happen. Everyone had separate travel plans for the weekend but we were all going to be in town for one night only together so we hit the club now I have touched base with Boston Public to let him know that I was going to be at the hot spot tonight and he agreed to meet me there and to head back to Maryland with me after the club.

Midnight, and Red and I are stepping in the door the music is ok but we are laughing at the all the country folk and trying to decide when to hit the bar. One cocktail later and I see ““BP”” making his entrance through the door, I was going to try and front like I did not see him but Red saw the dumb ass look on my face and realized that “someone” must have just arrived. 5 minutes later I was all caught up chatting about with Red, “BP” and his boy. Shortly after that the Fox Fone rings and it’s “A.Gay and The Starr” when they bust in the back door of the club it’s like a family reunion we are all chatting it up and laughing until it’s time for hip-hop and then we all hit it to the dance floor. Now here goes the kah kah …..How come nobody told “BP” that I think I’m a superstar and when I get on the dance floor that the lights go up and the cameras go on …..Hell, not for nothing I think my whole crew could blow the Beyonce tour dancers out of the water. Red was working some kat on the floor and A. Gay and The Star were working “BP”’s boy out and I had “Boston” wiping his brow quite a bit, yall can do your own math on that one…Now the party is over and as usual at the hot spot everyone is outside talking exchanging numbers and “BP” and I are just flirting the time away. I check for red and he is all chatty katty with “fire seed” LOL and now the night is about to come to a close, “BP” is spending the night with me so one quick exchange of gear and we are on the road home…Night Night.

7:20am and Red is headed out the door in search of a Starbucks after his exhausting night. I’m still sleep curled up with “BP”. We are trying to wake up but not really….Around 8:30 or so Red calls to tell me that he is having chills and I’m guessing that he is just a little nervous due to a presentation he is doing that morning so I disregard assuming that once he starts going he will be fine….9:15am and I am now on the phone with one of his colleagues “MSG” Manager Sister Gurl and she is informing me that they are on their way to a hospital in Northern Virginia I remained calm and I rationalized a bit, I had some reorganization to do and damn fast. Unfortunately for this tour there was car or bus as I decided to earn some sky miles for this trip so I had no vehicle so I needed to figure out how I would get to him. “MSG” assured me that everything was ok and that she would stay with Red until I got there…..Now what am I going to do with ““BP””? I was not even prepared to direct him to a train or anything but that was not even necessary as he says to me “If you even think I would leave you in a situation like this your crazy…Let’s get there make sure your boy is ok and we will worry about the rest later”.

(Foxy thinks to self “Imma fuck him up…Who the hell does he think he is to be helpful in an emergency”? However, what I’m really thinking is he just picked up 100 bonus brownie points for that statement alone).

Ok so now we are at the hospital and when I’m there I meet MSG and she takes me back to see my boy who is now dressed in cute jeans, cute shoes and a hospital gown! I snicker a bit and I laugh as he and MSG tell the story of how dramatic his exit from the office was that morning and how the nosey receptionist was on her way into the office as he was being wheeled out. Now for those of you who don’t know Red, he hates when anybody makes a fuss over him but in the same breath he gets mad when you don’t I don’t think I need to explain but I will. You know how when someone asks you what you want for your birthday but you say nothing trying not to be so obvious but you really have a list in your pocket complete with all your sizes in your favorite shoes and jeans……Ok well everybody meet RED!

Two hours later Red is signing his discharge papers and I now have his car and we are ready to hit it home but not without a quick trip to the supermarket so that “Nurse Foxy” can pick up all the necessary items for taking care of his patient. Ok, I kept my game face on for the sake of Red and “BP” but inside I’m tripping all over the place praying that God not let anything happen to my brother. Now we are back home and I’m getting the patient ready for a little nap as I need to get “BP” back to his cousin’s house and let the rest of the world know what is going on. We dash to Union Station and I make it my business to go and see “The Mexican” my well connected travel consultant. I know that I should have called him a lot earlier but I didn’t want him going into freak out mode without me being able to tell him what was going on. I quickly introduce him to ““BP”” and chuckle as I’m sure he will have plenty of commentary on that at a later date. Next stop is over to see family and friends of “BP”, we had a full itinerary for this weekend and I just wanted to make sure that I got a chance to meet everyone and apologize for having to cancel but it was all good everyone was understanding and wished Red well. Ok, time to head back to “Rockhard, Maryland” “BP” and the crew give me a ride to the train station and I breakout but not before planting a nice one on “Boston” as he was soooo patient and concerned throughout the entire day…..Did I mention neither one of us washed our behinds all day and we are still wearing the same clothes from the night before???

How bout that?

I get back to Red’s place and he’s still knocked out I wake him and have him try to eat a meal and then it’s lights out again. I go to grab my laptop and the Fox Fone rings….It’s “The Public” gotta go we will catch up later ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home