Sunday, March 27, 2005

The Pre-Show

I'm just about ready to go, my hair has been cut. My bags are just about packed, now I just need to figure out what my next move is.....I call Red to make sure he is all set for the tour. We go over outfits to make sure we are definitely not packing the same colors and/or looks and then it’s is time for me to move it to Harlem where the Fox Family awaits....

Once in Harlem I see that my mom has dolled up my old bedroom and tricked it out with mini-tv, cd player and about six bottles of Pellegrino. I gotta say that most of the time my mom gives me gas but when she is making me happy boy does she do a great job. I finish up my dinner of Roasted Chicken, seasoned red potatoes and Collard Greens (which I did not touch) while on the phone with Red watching American Idol. Once Idol was all over I ran a few errands moved my car to the front of my moms building and made a few additional phone calls, before I knew it the clock was reading midnight and I was setting the alarm for 4am as I lay my head down on the pillow the Fox Fone rings and when I see the "Private Number" display on my cell I immediately light up as I know that it's "Boston Public" I do my best to clear my throat and sound alert as I answer and once I do we embark on a conversation that keeps me on the phone until 3:15am. I really wanted to hang up but every time I tried another topic came up and we were off talking about something else. I can hear my mother’s mouth now..."You should have just gone to sleep". "Who were you talking to that was that important"? I prayed that the lord allowed me to wake up in 45 minutes. At 4am my cell alarm rings the alarm clock goes off and my lil sis comes knocking on the door.........It's Showtime people and the games are about to begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home