Wednesday, May 04, 2005

"The CARATE kid"....

“The CARATE Kid”….

Sunday morning started up with a wake up call to Red just to touch base and see what was going down in his corner of the sky, we chatted and watched a lil Sunday morning television…..Shortly after that he returned to the comfort of his bed and I decided to be somebody and get my day going…Before I could actually finish that thought 604 gave me a call to confirm that we were on for brunch…..I really wanted to decline on breakfast but hell he was treating and as my boy “Star” would say never ever turn down free food or free alcohol and it was Sunday Brunch so that would have been a double whammy bacon and eggs and Vodka and Cranberry all before noon! So I hop in the shower and get cleaned up as soon as I am dry and dressed the warm line rings and it’s Boston Public checking in to see what’s going down in my town….I fill him in the morning plan and shortly after that I’m out the door headed to 6’s place so we can grab some grub. For those of you who do not know….Jersey City has slowly progressed into the new Gay Chelsea and 6 is the new Metro-sexual, very much the straight man but very in tune to what’s happening in the “punk community” he knows what we have on our i-pods, what we are wearing and more importantly what cities to avoid during GAY PRIDE!!! Anyhow, we hit this new spot called “Café” very trendy chic place was crawling with queers and the straight boys that love them as well as a few breeder couples here and there…We snatch up a really good spot facing out onto the street allowing us to see and more importantly be seen. I mention to 6 that we should have called “Dr. Know” as he lives right around the corner from this place as we do whenever we eat downtown he’s always good for a few laughs and more importantly picking up the bill!! However it doesn’t come free….Whenever doc is involved you can always count on a free psycho-analysis and quite frankly I just wanted to get through my eggs in peace. Speaking of which…..Where are my eggs? We only ordered about 20 minutes ago it was at that very moment when “Pedro” (typical Puerto Rican waiter name) came over with a basket of muffins, 6 and I are both think now we didn’t order these…..Pedro interrupts our thoughts and explains that they are backed up in the kitchen so they gave us a basket of muffins and apologize for the delay…Of course when the waiter walks away, 6, being the metro-sexual that he is begins to “REED” now I say that because only the real sisters of the rainbow can “READ” and he states that the only reason they brought the muffins over was so that two black men having breakfast do not flip out about the delay in service…..I just rolled my eyes I tell you he there are some days that I really need to change his blog name to Angry Black Man but since he is paying for this meal I will spare him the conversion. We eat, we talk, we laugh we people and dog watch…I’m watching all the fags walk by and 6 is watching all the dogs. The food was cute but it was all about the atmosphere at “Café”.

Our next stop, the local target where we don’t necessarily purchase anything important but kind of walk the aisles chasing a deal…I walked away with all my mothers day cards and a few toiletries nothing major. I give Red a call assuming that he is probably in Target at this very moment doing the same exact thing that we are doing but nope he is stretched across his couch having the weekend that I should be having…..*Rolls Eyes*

Alright , so we make one more quick stop at Pier 1 as allegedly Boston Public will be on the show next weekend so some candles and pretty things might be in order…Now we are on the way back home….Traffic is heavy outside of the Holland Tunnel and drivers are not being friendly to Foxy at all….I see today is a day I have to take matters into my own hands….Ok, so I have this guy racing right next to me and I realize this guy is in no way going to let me over into the turning lane so I back down and let him go but as soon as he’s gone I dart over into the left lane and make a very sharp left turn and at that precise moment my car gets a very sharp pain in the ass and not the good kind! 6 and I go spinning into the street and when the car finally stops we both check each other to make sure that we are not hurt and then we just bust out laughing because “Mariah” is in the cd player and ironically she is singing to us “Shake it off” ( I tell you I am blessed with the innate ability to find the humor in anything and from the looks of 6 choking with laughter it apparently rubs off on people pretty easily). We get out of the car to inspect the vehicle and make sure everything is ok and we find that there is a pretty nice size dent near the gas tank (sigh). Now we look over to the vehicle that hit us…Wouldn’t you know it was a damn mini-van…..So fukkin typical I get hit by the family on the way to the damn Circus! However, upon closer inspection we realize there are two sisters from the motherland sitting in the front of the car…..At this point I’m waiting for James Earl Jones draped in Lion’s fur to come and attack me LOL. We walk and make sure they are ok while 6 is writing their license plate number just in case they try to make a dash back to Africa. Once I realize that they are ok I call 911 and the police come onto the scene and take the report it honestly was a pretty painless process, sorry no 911 horror stories here, well if the police report does not return in my favor yall can expect a nice little part 2 to this story….So long story short I fill Red in on the details long as he knows we are cool he is cool. I go over to 6’s house to make a few cd’s and I end up staying there for the next 5 hours. Once I get home I’m exhausted from the day’s events but there is one more person that I need to tell this story to (Phone rings) alright gotta split yall know the deal. Happy work week! See you on the show tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home