Tuesday, May 03, 2005

“The Revolution will not be televised….However, it does come with a side order of Egg Rolls”.

“The Revolution will not be televised….However, it does come with a side order of Egg Rolls”.

Ok, Red and Preach are going to laugh at this one but I needed to publish this as I totally forgot about it until I was taking stock last night.

A few weeks back Preach was in town from the West Coast and on a Saturday night we all ventured out to get Chinese Food from the Notorious C.H.E.N.G. I guess this lil adventure was exciting especially for Preach because this is one of restaurants that I’m usually calling him from and he has been reading the Blog and knows how essential Cheng has become for 604 and me. Now once we get to the restaurant Preach is taken away as he was under the assumption that “Cheng’s” was a sit down Chinese restaurant LOL Ummmmm not on this show. We are talking “Take Out Only” yall know the scene Plexi-glass windows and the big Iron gate door separating the cook from the customer. We looked over the menu once and placed our order with “Big Cheng” daddy of lil Cheng, now that our orders are in we turn our attention to group of young girls that are in the restaurant there are about four of them and they stretch in age from about twelve to twelve well there is always a big one who’s thirteen but looks seventeen and a half! We make a quick run to the bodega to pick up cookies, chips and snacks and things you eat along with ghetto chinese (puff). Once we return to Cheng’s one of the lil girls is at the counter screaming at Big Cheng “Put more motherfuckin Ketchup on my fries…Don’t fuckin play with me…..Fuck it…Forget it”.

Ummmmm, are you kidding me?? Is this little brat disrespecting this adult over some ketchup??? Alright now I’m getting hot because I don’t understand who and what has taught this little punk ass girl that it’s cool to speak that way to adults….Period?
Red and Preach are both whispering to me to calm down as they know I have very little patience for this type of shit and might end up brawlin with a group of lil “gangsta bitches” Just as that thought passes through my head an older gentlemen walks in and almost immediately starts yelling at Big Cheng and making threats to shoot him and all kinds of foolishness mind you these little girls find this to be hilarious and I’m growing more and more frustrated.

The Breakdown:

1. The behavior of this older gentleman kind of reinforces to these young girls that this is the way you speak and treat adults.
2. This old man is probably severely inebriated right now and eventually will sober up and realize how much of an ass he has made of himself in front of us, Cheng and our future.
3. What the hell does Cheng think of all of this? I frequent his establishment all the time and I get the royal treatment and hell there are many of you who read this and know exactly what I’m talking about it’s nothing for me and a group of friends to walk in and get some free food or drink not because we ask but because we are just good folks and Cheng takes care of us.

At the end of the day, we went home and enjoyed the food and especially those Iced Tea’s but I think we all had some weird feeling from that experience. I’m not really sure how I even feel about it at this very moment but I am not sure what else I can do right now but write about it…….I’m out….

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is..... Nigga's and Flies... nigga's and flies... (shakes head)

-PBE

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home