Monday, May 16, 2005

"A whole lotta nothin" (The Weekend Edition)

A whole lotta nothing….

Friday- I got my ass home from work and crashed it appears that everyone was heading out of town and all I could say was “Adios Bitches”!!! Man words cannot express how much I needed this break. I spoke to “BP” earlier than usual and that was a pleasant treat. “Red” had just made it back in from the Lone Star State and the plan was to watch the “Top Model” episode we missed but “The U Peoples Network (UPN)” had some other plans they decided that Star Trek was much more important and it is at this point that I thought I would lose my mind….First “Red” and I miss the original airing because he is in Texas and they don’t have UPN in Dallas (or at least not in the hotel he was staying in) How the fukk can they have “Dance 360” but NO UPN! So, right now I’m officially scratching Texas off of the travel log for the remainder of the year. Before “Red” and I hang up for the night I confirm that there will be a Marathon Saturday on VH1 so we will be able to catch any missed episodes tomorrow…All balance has been restored to the planet earth. Well almost, “BP” called me back to give a quick shout out to say he was beatin the street and he would catch up with me later. I’m always a little shocked and a little flattered by this and not for nothing, today he decided to step his game up left me with a few things to think about and boy was I thinking…

Somewhere between Friday and Saturday…..

Actually the time was 4:30am and the warm line was ringing and privately I got a little warm with the thought of who might be on the other end of the line…Of course you know who it was…However I bet you wouldn’t guess that we talked on the phone till the sun came up just like Mariah said. I tell yall this guy is really blowin my mind and the viewers know for him to be able to get through on the warm line at 4am you know he’s something special…Hell, you guys know it ……And so does he!

Saturday-

Started very VERY early as you read above of course after we hung up I couldn’t just take my butt to bed, no I had to get up and get my cleaning on…I finally got my i-pod going so at 7am I was having a private concert in my apartment jamming to the likes of Amerie, Beyonce, Millie Jackson & Queen (yeah I’m getting my ROCK on!) all blasting in my new i-pod. Once that was all done I figured I cleaned the house might as well clean my ass. Ran a few errands then off to the library to meet a study group. Finals are this week so for the next few days I will be all about “Business Statistics 2”. After the study group was all closed out me and one of my classmates ran and got a bite to eat at one of the little Indian joints by school that I have been dying to try. I love Indian food and as the food today was ok I have had much better right at home near Jersey City University.
Later that night I check in with everyone “Red” interestingly enough had spent the afternoon hanging with “Kuzzin BP” down in DC sounded like they were having a good time so back to the books I went. Later that night I caught the missed episode of “Top Model” then I had another interesting conversation with “BP” that once again had me sitting up thinking I decided that is was again time to hit the books. So though Mariah has been trapped in my CD player I broke out the i-pod and let Mary J sing to me about PMS now back in the day this was one of my favorite songs and only Mary could make a song about “PMS” and get away with it…So I decided I was in the moment so I found myself typing the lyrics into the blog. So once again I’m fine yall I was just really feeling the song at the moment LOL!

Sunday….The code word is “Seven”.

Once again this was an early start for me I have not been to church in about a month so it was only appropriate that I made it in this morning. I didn’t realize that today was going to be “Woman’s Day” I walked in to what appeared” to be a box of Crayola Crayons, a sea of pastels and warm colors. Go figure, the Sunday I get up and make it into service Reverend Fox (this is not a clever way of disguising his name. Yes my pastors last name is “Fox”, only on my show) is not preaching this morning instead they have a sister visiting from a Church in Jersey City she was cool but my mama can put the word down a little heavier than she did this morning. Those of you who know Mother Fox know what I’m talking about. Anyhow, once I got home I talked with “BP” and “Red” then it was time to meet my study group again. Now it’s like 6pm and I’m on the phone watching some VH1 special on “Cops” the TV show. Can I tell yall I was glued to the set, well at least until the show was over and then I talked to my boy “Valdez” and we were both complaining about the stress of finals and then we agreed to meet for a drink but I decided to bring it up a notch since I had yet to checkout “7” I figured” I would kill two birds with one stone…If anything it was more of a favor for “The Starr” who wanted me to represent and show my face on the set. I grabbed the Fox Fone and a few business cards and hit it. Once “Valdez” and I got to the spot we hit the bar and then we hit the dance floor HARD I guess timing was the key because once I heard 3 of my favorite jams in a row I was ready to party:

“Wait” by the Ugly Ying Yang boyz
“Get Right” by J-Lo
“1 Thing” by Amerie

I bet some of you are bopping your heads right now so you know it was on “Valdez” cracks me up because he is one Puerto Rican boy that gets his dance on! But, I forget he thinks he’s Black…LOL LOL

So now it’s like 11:30pm and I’m spinning in the door all half-drunk and sweaty from “The Foxybrown Workout Plan” at “7”. It is as though he heard me walk in the door cuz “BP” was on the phone checking in for the night, we both were pretty out of it as yall know for me to go hanging out in NYC is a rare thing and add that with all the studying I was sneaking in I was physically and mentally drained.

Time to close my eyes and get ready to do this all over again!

Happy work week to you all! Ciao!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HMMM! Some times silence is "Golden"

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home