Friday, May 13, 2005

La Cucaracha....

La Cucaracha….

Ok somebody needs to kick my ass for this one or maybe not because I thought it was hilarious so maybe you will too!

Talk about a damn flashback, the other night BP and I were on the phone until about 2am discussing growing up and the dilemmas that Urban youth had to face….Now you would think that there would be some heavyweight topics going on here but oh no not us….

Our agenda:

1. Why Roaches can’t swim?
2. Why Roaches always build a nest behind your family portrait on the wall?
3. What is our fascination with pregnant roaches?
4. Roach Bombs….
5. What the HELL is in Chinese Chalk????? (the eighth wonder of the world)
Last but certainly not least…
6. How you can tell if someone grew up with Roaches….

1. I don’t know, all I can recall is that as a child with mama working double shifts sister fox and I were sooooo NOT allowed to go outside so we had to get creative with our indoor time. Now considering my mother never was pleased with us leaving food sitting out because it brought Roaches we concluded that roaches were EVIL and needed to be destroyed so why not have fun doing so…How ‘bout our favorite past time was collecting the little critters in a jar and filling it with water (behind the scenes I’m thinking this could be an event in the Ghetto Olympics) hoping that they would be able to swim well after about 30 seconds our hopes and dreams were killed…..Well until we found another victim.
2. How ‘bout I really don’t have an answer for this one but just can confirm that it’s true, they always find a home behind that picture of Jesus or that 16x20 baby portrait. Is it because they feel safe with the lord? Are they trying to bond with the family? Again…I don’t have an answer but I bet yall are laughing right now…
3. Here is where BP was on his own….He expressed his amazement for the “six legged babies mama” It was big for him to catch one and put a hit on her and the new tribe growing in her belly…We laughed so hard at his excitement on this but quietly I’m “buggin” out because not for nothing those were the ones I ran from…I have no Idea why I have always been afraid of pregnant roaches but I have.
4. Roach Bombs…..This does not require any explanation at all.
5. If anyone can tell me this ancient Chinese secret I would be so grateful…What did they put in this stuff that that scared or ugly friends away…This I believe is the eighth wonder of the world…Yall think Cheng would be offended if I asked him what they put in it??? LOL
6. Now this is the funniest of them all….I had never given this any thought whatsoever but BP and his crazy self really got my brain going on this…People who grew up in homes with Roaches eventually grow up and evolve and live in homes without roaches and dish washers and exterminators that visit on a monthly basis. Here is the real kah-kah…Why is it that no matter what they WASH everything…Even if they pull it right out the dishwasher it must go under running water first. A glass, fork, plate you name it we all do it but I don’t think we realize we do….Hell, even as I was having this very conversation with BP I was rinsing a juice glass out before I poured a glass of water I damn near almost dropped the glass in the sink. LOL

I promised BP that I would not tell everything we discussed as further stories would severely embarrass both he and myself. Those “tales from the roach side” will remain between us.

How’s that for Friday the 13th!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh, goodie, I get to be the first to reply! lol... I will be the first to say I am petrified of roaches.. big, little, medium, small, baby momma, baby daddies or any other kind there is.. lol..

Now, why in the heck are we having a convo on roaches? It is friday.. I needed the laugh but now you got me looking around the office hoping none come out...LOL, speaking of come out. Why is it that folks no they got roaches. They can be on their best behavior when you home alone.. one or two show their faces.. but as soon as you have company, they want to be all up in you business - coming out with family and friends, walking past your company and shyt.. man-o-man...

I cant say nothing though.. I refuse to have roaches in my house. I will damn near have a heart attack if I see one. And dont let it be a big gigantic one.. lordy.. want to talk about the bytch coming out of me..

Have you ever lived in or been to Far Rock? Well the buildings by the water have those huge waterbug kind in the winter.. There have been many of times I had to get security from the next building to come to mines just to get the things out the elevator or front hallway so I can get to my apartment.
It got so bad one night that when I got home there was a few in the lobby - security hooked me up and stomped or kicked them down the hall. I get on the elevator (there was three elevators) and got to my floor. The door opens and there is three of them (roaches) waiting for the elevator next to mines. I got back on that elevator so fast and went to the 4th floor and walked down the hall and took the stairs home. Am I a sad case or what..

man-o-man... I think I see a roach now.. dag gone it.. lol

qt

9:10 AM  
Blogger The Church Boy said...

Ha! We had roaches when we were growing up. We too were some test dummies that used Chinese Chalk - what the hell was that shit? And why was it always $1.99 from the beauty supply store? The beauty supply store sells insect killer!!! HA!

1:46 PM  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Funny ost. I myself have wondered about those same roach questions.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, Roach? What is that? What do they look like? is that hte same as an ex who will never go away? Analogy or do you just need..Ok, I will try to stay calm. Interesting story. Must have been an exciting day!

11:35 PM  
Blogger prodigalsun said...

I grew up in the projects, so you KNOW we had roaches no matter how clean we were.

I remember once flicking on the light in the kitchen and seeing so many roaches, I felt like I was in that roach scene in the movie 'creepshow.' I ran screaming and stumbling down the hall like a biotch in a bad B movie, woke up the whole house, and of course, by the time my momz got to the kitchen, not a roach in sight. And I got smacked up for being out of bed so late. lol

Ya'll remember the urban legend about a roach climbing in someones ear and eating part of the persons brain? To this DAY, I have a habit of sleeping with covers over my head because of that stupid azz shyt... lol

Roaches ARE evil.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home