Tuesday, May 31, 2005

"One to grow on".....

One to grow on……

A tribute to DC Black Pride 2005
Originally this was going to be one really nasty entry about my visit to the nations capital this weekend but instead of putting all the negative kah kah on my show I decided to share with you guys the lessons that I learned this weekend as I feel we all can relate.

Enjoy reading this because getting here was not easy……

The First Day
“Niggaz come and Niggaz go, however at the end of the day all you have is yourself so you can either settle for someone who has proven to be consistently inconsistent or take pride and celebrate the individual that now recognizes that flaw and is able to walk away and look back and laugh but never walk backwards as that is just not the way the creator intended it to be, so I’m sorry a trip back to your hotel room is kinda out of the question but I would like to thank you for showing up here tonight and reminding me of how special I AM and exactly how undeserving of me YOU ARE!


The Next Day
“In life we have choices; we make our choices based on all of the
information provided. I choose to be ahead of the game, therefore what your doing today I did last year. My job in life is not to save anyone because we all have to learn on our own, however, if I call you my friend and there is information that I can provide to help you to get ahead of the “game” damn right I’m going to give you a cheat sheet. Unfortunately, I realize that this can be very intimidating to people yet it also lets people know that I’m not that bitch but that other bitch and if you approach me please bring your best as I have already written the script but I’m curious to see how closely your paying attention to the show”…….

Saturday

“Surround yourself with people who reflect what you want in life, this is not guaranteed to get you what you want out of life however, could this really be a bad way to go”?

The Seventh Day“Whether I like it or not people are looking up to me, learning from me and watching my moves at all times. Every now and again I will make a mistake but what’s important is learning from your mistakes and not making them again. Oh and I also learned that Absolut and carrot juice is not your friend”. (Chuckle)

The Day I went Home“I realized that I’m really growing up and what worked at 18 is no longer acceptable at 27. I had a conversation with a very good friend to the show that reminds me constantly of how different I am and after this weekend I think I’m finally ready to own it. I’m not your average dude….Hi my name is “Foxybrown” and Life is my show and guess what…I’m the host, you are my audience and I think “Your beautiful”.

Well, enough with the lessons it’s time to get this show on the road. The Summer edition of the show is officially ready to begin (grabs car keys and turns to Mr. A.Gay and in my best Beyonce voice says) “You Ready”??????

Ciao!

11 Comments:

Blogger N4R said...

Yes Ma'am! I know that's right! Level ONE can do that to you.
Whats done at 18 ain't alway gonna do the trick at 27. Just chop it all up as a lesson learned.

6:02 AM  
Blogger ClayStarr said...

6.24 @ 11pm - cocktails! the summer officially begins.

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Foxy brown Show, its like "Reality Diaspora" lol A sweet cross between Martha Stewart's Living and O. Keep on keeping on. One amazing thing about positive growth is that sometimes actions, thoughts etc which were acceptable last week, even yesterday is no longer.
In anticipation of the next entry! :)

8:43 AM  
Blogger The Divo said...

Heres to Foxxy,

Lift up the glasses. Heres to the lessons learned at 27.

Look forward to reading more...

and as always in Parting,

I came in Peace and in Peace I leave.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you've grown. I know that I also get sudden realizations of the need to begin to change my actions. I also know that sometimes I regress and forget all of those self-empowering thoughts and do exactly the same thing I said I would no longer do. But, what I know better then either of those attributes, is that life is an ongoing journey and not a path with labled stops. I am happy that you are gaining deeper insight into your own person. Enjoy the ride!!!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Red said...

We had one hell of a weekend...and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Sometimes people disappoint you, sometimes they suprise you.

We all deal with the same bullshit. If we're lucky, we have someone special to laugh about it with.

*Where's that carrot juice?*

2:35 PM  
Blogger the young people's professor said...

Hot post! Love it, love it alot.

2:39 PM  
Blogger C.R. Knight said...

hmmm... running into you online was no accident i suppose. looks like we know some of the same people. ah ha.

6:01 AM  
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

You can use my list as long as I can use the term homeboysexual..lol

3:06 AM  
Blogger gbfhbn said...

Ok, it has been a minute but here is my response..

honey child.. I want to know what happened. you was spose to call me back and give me the 411. Did you see your friend??? did you get some??? oh, my bad, this is the foxyshow, not the behind the scenes questionaire. I will get at chu lata... qt

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PREACH said...

Thank GOD you didn't wait until your 40's to discover such a valuable lesson. I sware the next party after the JUNE event betta be out west... Otha wise "THATS WHEN THE FIGHT WILL BREAK OUT".... I ain't lyin, I ain't lyin...

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home