Sunday, February 27, 2005

The Harlem Shuffle....

Yesterday morning I woke up feeling some kind of way, I was up by 5am had managed to do laundry, get a haircut, get my car washed and be back at home by 7am. I decided that today was going to be a "Jersey City Day". Normally my Saturday routine is to head to Harlem and hang out with the family but I decided that today we should try something different and I called and invited them to venture into the Garden State for a day of fun and SHOPPING!

About 5 minutes into that call I realized that "Jersey City Day" was about to be cancelled, by 9am or so I found myself on the Westside Highway headed in the direction of "My Mama's house". Upon arrival I ran into my mom on her way to a fierce church meeting. My internal dialogue was screaming "Well if you have a meeting what was the purpose of me showing up here"? I got upstairs and had "high tea" with my niece and after my sis and I had breakfast together and caught up on what was going on in life and babyville the next move if you have not guessed was to take a trip to 125th street to check for new cd's new as well as familiar faces and just to people watch as Harlem has become very diverse in population.

20 minutes later I realized that Harlem was not going to give me the energy that I needed for the show today so I felt that it was in my best interest to make an exit and fast by 2pm or so I was back in the Garden State heading toward my Foxy Castle. On the drive home I spoke with Red and he made me laugh with some of his quick antidotes on how he would handle himself on certain situations and I just laugh because I know there are certain things I'm capable of and a lot that will just never be the "Foxy Way" either way It was the laugh or moment I needed.

The time is now 5:30 and 604 decides that he wants to hit the streets and go home shopping so off we go in search of curtains, tea kettles and the sort. One hour and three shopping bags later 604 is on his way to a basketball game and I'm carting around home goods in my trunk. (There are some days when I wonder if I'm Big Brother or Big Mother to 604, either way I know I'm valued and appreciated) On the drive back home the Fox Fone rings and its "Dr. Know" with a plan that I could not refuse but should have! Dinner and a movie on him (as if there is a better way to do it) we hit a new joint on the Harbor side where our waiter is a clown and keeps us laughing all night long. After a good dinner off to the mall we go to shop a little bit before the movie started...... (Are you guys noticing a trend here?) We are going to skip the movie section of the episode as this would be the second time I have seen it this weekend so it deserves no more shine on my show. Next we decide we are going to drop in on a new punk party in Jersey City. "Tango" was the location we arrived about 2 hours in so there were plenty of people enjoying themselves and meeting and greeting. It was nothing to go all crazy over but I was glad I came out and showed a little love. Dr. Know was surprised to see that I knew a few folks and I was kind of shocked myself but there is only one Fox and Jersey City is not big enough to hold me down so I'll just let it hold me up. However, it was cute to see the good doc kinda stumped as he watched me light up as a social butterfly I guess it was just one more piece of “Foxy Fruit" from the tree that is me. Anyhow I had a great evening and an "uncut" late night.....I take my hat off to Bellville, NJ, what can I say.....I didn't know! But stay tuned for updates live from Bellville.

Sunday morning started out right, I got dressed and found my way to church once again after a night of all kinds of madness I needed someone’s prayer. After church I was home touching base with the crew. Red was off with a date (something tells me I'm going to have to find a name for the nameless soon so stand-by for a new addition to the show. Vivacious, has been sweating it all out week that girl really gives me a run for my money sometimes. I'm not really sure what to say except that she is one focused individual. I filled her in on all the plans to bring the show to Atlanta, GA next month and though we will only be around for 24 hours that is all we need to get our laugh and chuckle on. I must have talked to her for an hour but I had officially been updated from Queens to Cobb County on everyone and everything I am so glad that chick is on my staff. By Noon I was on my way back to Harlem for an early lunch and a taping of "Showtime at the Apollo". Lunch was great I had a chance to hit a soul food joint I had yet to try and apparently I picked the right day to do so, Red's little sister and myself sat back and enjoyed a good meal and some good "Man Candy" granted we both were just window shopping. I of course enjoyed staring and getting glances in return. After "Showtime" we are heading back to Jersey as we have studying to do and a new week to prepare for.

"When country calls.....U answer".

On the ride to back to Jersey "Sister Red" was quite busy chatting and texting away on her cell. I pick up the Fox Fone and reach out to a few people but no answers so I decide to focus on the road, that plan lasted approximately 5 minutes and then my cell rang and the caller ID display brought an undeniable smile to my face. It was "Double R" a guy I had met in Washington, DC not too long ago we have played phone tag a few times but nothing serious or heavy. I must have lit up like a Christmas tree because even "Sister Red" gave me a weird glance but I was way too into the call to acknowledge it at the moment. Thanks to Holland Tunnel traffic we talked for about 40 minutes and it was the "getting to know you" conversation that we never really had. I guess it would be safe to assume that we can expect another trip south in the next 6-8 weeks where we maybe hosting the show live from the capital of Virginia, stay tuned.

"4 Chicken Wings and Fried Rice aint so nice"....

As we are approaching home I decide I need to stop of and visit "Lucky Chengs" for some Chinese Food. Sister Red and I break through the door like we haven't seen food in a week and immediately I get a silly smirk on the face as I catch an eyeful of "Cheng".

Cheng- The 16 year old son of the owner of my local Chinese Restaurant, Pretty in the face, big ole "Rice Cakes" and at the tender age of 16 a true flirt! What makes Cheng a new cast member on this show is the fact that he has a little crush on Foxy and as quiet as it's kept (not that quiet at all) Foxy has a crush on him as well....Now before the Pedophile Program airs...Not in a million years would I ever do anything with this kid but there is no denying that we have some heavy flirtation going on between my food deliveries and if he was 8 years older I could be the Ying on his Yang!!! I decided to bring Cheng onto the show as most of my cast love the food and are aware of this interaction between him and me. "604" would be the #1 witness to this behavior as I think he opened to flood gates to it all, Since we visit the restaurant together I believe Cheng had drawn the conclusion that we were some type of couple and began to study us. (I would expect nothing less from an upcoming queer; in fact I can even recall doing the same thing with a few older guys as a young fox) Once he figured out that 604 and I were JUST Roommates he began to focus his radar in one direction........Ladies and Gentlemen without further a due I introduce to you all "Cheng” (Audience waves chop sticks).

Sister Red places her order and then waits outside as she catches that Cheng may want some time alone with Foxboogie, as soon as she makes and exit he hits his mark and says..."There is something different about you" I immediately throw attention to the attention to the Chia Pet growing on top of my head and he responds, "No it's not that....You are not homosexual today". (Foxy drops microphone and purse) Damn! I don't think even I was that forward at 16 but I gotta remember this is a different species of "Queen" and they have courage that did not exist when I was coming up and OUT. Cheng turned Red and I must have turned purple as a reaction to his statement. I'm thinking to myself I better be easy with this kid cause I see that he is focused and trying to make it happen the best way he knows how....Too bad for him that he doesn't realize that game recognizes game and mine is tighter than his phat virgin booty, so he better fall back before he falls down.

Sister Red and I go back to my place and proceed to get down on some of the fiercest Chinese Food on the east coast.


"Hi my name is Beyonce Knowles and I OWN Music"....

Ok so it is Oscar time and I'm watching the show because it is my duty as Gay Man but I'm not really watching the show because I'm writing my own. However I have noticed that that dayum Beyonce Knowles has quite performed a few songs this evening and her outfits have gone from inappropriate to Just right as the evening has come along, I am a big fan of this driven sister and I just felt I needed to give her thirty seconds of viewer time (like she needs it) Anyhow, I had a very interesting chat with "The Starr" last night. We touched base on relationships and how we can let what we see jade us from having a great relationship. In my conversation with him I realized that I'm not really in the jaded category any longer, I have crossed over to focus. In the last year I have had several opportunities to venture into something serious and have not either because it did not work out or because I just chose not to do so, that let me know that I have the ability to be that great guy in a relationship but I cannot hide the fact that I am really enjoying myself right now and all the perks that come with being your Foxy host. I have been where the Starr is and occasionally revisit the community but I get constant reminders of my biggest asset so in the meantime until I find that special person I can just polish and perfect. I spoke with Red during the final hour of the show; we caught up on the entire weekend and the last 24 hours or his show. Sounds like he had a good time just kicking back and chillin with his boy and his peeps. I think I gave him a little gas as I tuned in and took notes on the function (I need to learn how to do that discretely) Anyhow, we are winding down and finishing up what is the Beyonce Show AKA The 2005 Academy Awards and it is now time to hit the books. Thanks for watching this weekend and I will see you next week!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Foxy,

You are one funny individual. YOu definitely have an enteresting life.

I wish that I could have one day being apart of your world...

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home