Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Can you hear me now???

Today was filled with more surprises and challenges than I am used to for a Monday. Ironic as it may be work was the lighter of my load today. I actually managed to get in on time and get going on my "Things to do list". By 8am I had reached out to my peeps in DC and Virginia to make sure they were ok and tuned into the show. By my second cup of coffee I was in full force knocking things out left and right.

Next up "Preach" decided he wanted to pick my brain.....Not really sure what was going on in his world today but I really feel that he likes to punch my buttons from time to time but he forgets that I'm not always the nicest person and tend not to hold my tongue, but in all fairness, whether people like it or not I'm pretty much going to give you an honest opinion and I think that commands respect because there are days when I think some peeps are ready to fight me and then I get hugs and love instead. I love "Preach" and he is truly a work in progress so again I'm going to monitor his progress and continue being me and cheer him on from the sidelines.

Just when I thought Preach would be my biggest event of the day I found out that the Snow was to be my next hurdle it took a hot minute to get home in our crazy weather. Once home I did a quick wardrobe change and put my feet to the street for the evening show.....20 minutes later I'm standing on the platform of the Path Train and this little hot boy gives me the "Wassup Nod" now I was at first confused by the nod as it could have been the "Soul Brotha head nod" or the "Oooooooooooh how u doin head nod". Once on the train we played the whole crotch gaze and grab game (He grabs his crotch while I gaze) therefore confirming it was definitely not the soul brotha nod. Thank goodness the train was virtually empty or else this would have been really embarrassing. Eventually it was time to jump off the train and sure enough shorty jumped up and started getting ready to exit. Once we were off the train I'm armed with a business card not necessarily sure if it is going to land in his hand but a Fox is always ready, now we are out on the street and at this point I am about to head off in the direction of school because this is becoming work so my patience is running low.....Just as I begin to give up he stops (dead ringer for I want your number) I walk over to him and introduce myself and he mumbles something It is so crowded on the street I barely hear him so I introduce myself again and I hear this mumbling going on again in that exact second I realize....THIS GUY IS DEAF!!!! I knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that I could not let my face convey my shock at this so I pull it together and continue to act normal and speak. Eventually the guy pulls out some paper and begins to write to me. He tells me his name and then proceeds to write out that "He currently has a boyfriend that lives in Jersey City but would like to get his freak on with me".....Now when I read this I'm thinking to myself "What in the Gay Hell.......Is the deaf guy trying to run game on me"??? Finally he gives me his e-mail and asks me to hit him up later tonight, I take the info and start making my way to school.....Within five minutes of this whole experience Red is ringing the Fox Fone (I swear it's like he knows exactly when to call) I run the whole story by him and he laughs and reminds me that shit like this only happens to me but after a few good jokes he reminds me that I need to get my tail to class.........I think this is where this story is going to end because I don't think it needs to go on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home