Sunday, March 20, 2005

The Fast, The Furious and the Family....

Ok well it is Saturday morning and by 7am I had already touched base with my mom and the jig was up....I could hear the excuse for my family not coming to visit me in New Jersey building up.

I'm trying to determine whether they just don't like me or if they don't care for Jersey City. As I ponder these ridiculous thoughts in my head I pick up the phone and decide it is time for Red to wake up. I'm so glad he was half-way awake because waking him up is not always a good thing. We sit on the phone and both lie to ourselves about getting dressed to go get coffee, we both end up making our own home blend and chomping on whatever snacks we have in our cribs. I make a quick library and post office run and decide that I am going to kick back and watch a couple of flicks that I just got in the mail courtesy of Netflix (thanks Red for the hook up). Ok so now it's about 12:30 I'm curled up on my Futon and about 50% invested into "Catfish in Black Bean Sauce" and the Fox Fone rings and it's Mama Fox saying that she is at the train station with the gang and waiting for me to come pick everyone up, I pause my movie and run to scoop up the family part of me is excited as this is a big event here on the show and the other half of me is a tad annoyed as due to no contact with them since 7am I had begun to gear myself toward a Saturday alone with me glued to the Futon. Oh well time to let that go, once back at my place I resume my position and continue to watch my movie I invite everyone in the room to join me and explain the first half so that they are all caught up. We watch and my mom begins to analyze this film and find some biblical connection...GAS......

Movie is over and we are planning our next move. Red calls and is surprised to hear that I have company of the "related kind". We chat for a few and then shortly after 604 checks in on the show and he is equally surprised that the family has ventured out to the Garden State, he is also curious to know if my mama is cookin...*Rolls Eyes*

Now we are at a local diner having a late lunch and in my mind I'm mapping out the remainder of the day and preparing myself for the drama that is mall shopping....I make a quick stop at Old Navy for a shirt I planned on wearing to Georgia next weekend and of course they are sold out. When we are leaving I ask my mom what she wants to do next and she responds "Well you can just take us to the train station now because I wanted to be back in the city by 5pm" It is at this point I look at my watch and realize that it's 4:20 (LOL) and I smile and say "Sure thing". I am once again thinking to myself how much of this day can be salvaged and what can I do with the remaining hours.

I have dropped the family off and I'm back on the Futon writing in the "Blog Log" and I'm thinking and writing and reading and thinking and then I look down at my notes and I have scribbled:

"Boy was that Fast.....Boy am I Furious.....Damn that's just my Family"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home