Sunday, March 06, 2005

Say Cheeeeeeeez.........

Ok so today was supposed to be simple and plain....However you forget that simple and plain do not exist here on the show, so ladies and gentlemen welcome to the weekend!

Ok so the plan was for 604 to get his taxes done this morning and for us to go venture out to this WAL*MART that I found in South Linden
-This is me venturing out in New Jersey-

********************AUDIENCE APPLAUDS***************************

Plans are meant to be broken and that was exactly what happened here this morning. 604 called me at 7am to see if I was awake and of course I was, I rolled out of bed to clean up the place, the agreement was that he would be at my house by 8:15 and I would make breakfast and we would be at the Tax Man by 9am because the early bird gets a better return! 8:15am and I'm on the phone with Red going over last nights events which consisted of us talking about Red's business trip this upcoming week and the horrific grade I received on my Statistics exam earlier this week which did not bring me a Kool-Aid smile. Ok so the time is 9am and I have just finished getting busy with some Cheese Eggs, Turkey Sausage, Grits, Buttermilk Biscuits and some fresh fruit.....Still no sign of 604, I am on the phone going off with Red about why I do not make plans with people and why I am the first person to leave a late person behind. Meanwhile, I realize that all my ranting and raving on punctuality is going in one ear and out of the other because Red does not at all live by my law of punctuality! 9:30am and I hear my door opening as I place my dirty dishes in the sink. It's the always late 604 looking like he's only 6+4 running his mouth about not being able to find his documents and some other excuse, I am paying him about as much attention as Red was paying me during my whole "It never pays to be late" Solilequy. I continue talking to Red and begin sorting Laundry.......An hour later (10:30) someone is still stretched out across the Futon in the TV room I started to get a slight attitude but instead let that go as I realized that I had already filed and received all my refund checks. 11:30 and we are pulling into the Parking Lot and heading towards the Tax Man's office upon our entry we are snatched back by the crowd of 14 people "waiting" to see associates, I step up to the receptionist and inquire about a particular associate who I find out does not work weekends....Then I ask about the length of the wait we can expect and they then inform me that there are only two associates working this morning and in my mind that means to me that we are leaving, not now but RIGHT NOW!

"Shop till you drop"

Well after that ordeal we headed for WAL*MART nothing like shopping to get rid of the blues or just put a smile on your face just because. A few DVD's here, a few safety-pins there and a Queen size bed-in-a-bag for $17 and we are at the checkout line...Wait did I mention that during this process some lil punk girl stole our shopping cart??????? I digress. Our next stop is Target and we go there just because.....I'm on the phone with RED as he struggles to find a Hardware store in Rockhard, MD and we are T-shirt shopping and planning for our upcoming trip to Georgia. An associate comes flying past our path handing out flyers that read...."One day only free 8x10 no gimmicks, no catch" Now in my mind there is always a gimmick and always a catch but it is my duty as a reporter and a voice of the street to get to the bottom of this and report back to my viewers. 604 and I sit for like 20 minutes and once it's our turn to go into the photo studio boy oh boy, do the games begin. First up is Foxy and I'm ready with my brightest smile and big eyes I'm ready to make love to the camera.....NOT! I was pushed, lifted, pulled, stretched and tilted to get 6 shots. How about I have a whole new respect for Tyra and the whole crew from America's Next Top Model because I think I would quit day one...I mean please don't get me wrong I love taking pictures but at the end of that session I felt as though I should be getting medical and dental benefits. 604 was next and she worked him just as hard and I could not help but laugh at all the different poses that she was making him fall into. 40 minutes later we had ordered 16x20 self portraits and spent about $120 in photo packages.....Free my Ass!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting, cant wait to read more but I need to start from the beginning to really find out whats been going on. Where da drama @???????

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home