Saturday, March 12, 2005

Showtime Synergy.......

Sunshine greets my face by 6:20 this morning and I'm so excited I could explode!
In less than 10 hours I will be in the company (and hopefully arms) of "Boston Public" and the thought of it just makes me feel like scramming "Hi my name is Key-Sha and I'd like to give a shout out to my baby daddy". I feel like such a chickenhead being so excited over this dude but there have been some cool conversations leading up to this point so the anticipation is building up by the minute. First on my agenda this morning is to get a fresh cut, the last time brother man saw me I had just received my $20 zeek job. I gotta bring it this time so by 7:45 I'm sitting in the shop and I am thinking to myself there is nothing in this world like a Black Barber Shop, brothers can do some gossiping and at times be just as bitchy as the girls. Only we talk about different stuff I sat there for 20 minutes listening to a brother who apparently just got out of jail for beating his girl for slashing his tires talk about how crazy she is, mind you he also mentions that during this relationship he cheated twice and ended up having two kids outside of this relationship. I'm thinking to myself he needs to be happy she did not slash his manhood! I need a break from this "Barber Shop Blah Blah" so I call 604 to let him know that the shop is not packed and if he's getting a cut now is the time. Shortly after that I'm jumping out of the chair looking so fresh and so clean and heading back home, on my way out 6 is on his way into the shop.

Once I'm back home I continue cleaning and blasting music thinking about all the feaky thangs I'm gonna do to this same music later tonight.

*Fox Fone Rings*

It's Starr and A.Gay who are in New Jersey and waiting at the train station for 604, I throw on my Mink Jacket aka "my favorite gap sweatshirt" and go grab the boys. By the time we arrive at 604's he is just walking down the street. When we get upstairs I realize that this negro has no food other than pringles and some Honey Smacks with no milk, Can u dig it? I immediately start my campaign for breakfast at Al's Diner 604 asks for 10 minutes to finish up a project.....80 minutes after that we decide to leave his ass right in the house and go off in search of a meal.
After we were stuffed I dropped the boys back at 6's kiss everyone goodbye as I plan not to see anyone again until "BP" is on his way back to Boston.

"The Storm"

It's about 2pm and I should be hearing from my boy any second now, At about 3:30 the "warm line" aka house phone rings and when I look at caller ID and see area code 617 I damn near knock the phone and charger down on the floor. It's my boy and I'm grinning from ear to ear. Always so cordial he asks about my morning and I run it down to him and then ask about his morning his morning was great his afternoon however, was not looking so good. Apparently Boston was being covered with snow as we spoke therefore complicating my visit from the brother from Bean Town. Afraid that he would be marked as a flake he offered to take the trip anyhow but expressed that he would rather not take the trip in the funky weather. Screaming and crying on the inside I opened my mouth and agreed with him as it just wouldn't make much sense for him to do all that and have to turn around and go home the next day. We planned to reschedule and then we hung up.

*Foxy drops Broom and picks up Bologna and Cheese and makes a sandwich*

I text Red the bad news and call 604 to let him know about the change in guests here on the show. I'm trying to hide my disappointment but with these two it's pointless all week I have been going on and on about this so there is no sense in fronting...I was SAD. 604 offered to cook a meal as an attempt to cheer me up and as cute as the offer was, him experimenting in the kitchen was not the way to get over this.....I needed to hit the streets with my girlfriends so they boys come over to my place and we make a few cocktails play a few beats and before you know it Foxworth Brown is dressed to kill and ready for a night on the town! "Showtime Synergy"!!!!

The agenda for the evening was to meet up with some friends of my boys have a few drinks then dash to a party in Brooklyn and the close out the night by checking out a club in Brooklyn that Starr has been trying to hit for years.

"Ladies and Gentlemen stepping to the Mic"........

After we hang out with my boyz friends who end up being not so bad it is now time to venture into "Do or Die" aka Bed-Stuy Brooklyn. We decide it's just best to take the train while in the city considering we will probably be all kinds of drunk by the time the night is over. On the train Starr tells me that this party is for a buddy of his whom just completed publishing his own book and is more of a open mic night. I'm smiling but thinking to myself...."How exciting is this going to be"? Once we all arrive at this party it takes 3 minutes before I run into someone that I know
*Enter those thoughts about running from this city*
As the evening progresses there are a few fans of the show at this party and I smile and nod cuz that's just what a good host is to do. Shortly after the party is in full force and the open mic session begins. I'm going to skip past the few brothas that got up and did their thing and zone right in on my boyz who got up there and each read a little tribute to the host. I was impressed and touched by the readings...I was also hot, tired and ready to go.....Our next stop was club "Rockwells" when we got there it was not too bad but 30 minutes later the place was wall to wall sexiness! I gotta say if you have never been please check it out well I mean if your gay and kinda into that type of thing.....LOL.

If I ever mention to you guys that I want to take the train in the city again someone please just shoot me It had to take at least an hour to get 15 minutes away...In fact the ride was so exhausting I'm not even going to write about it....Night Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home